Return to search

NB: This vacancy closed to applications on 01/01/2020.

  • Add to favourites

Clinical Fellow Cardiology and Medicine Chief Resident

Job Reference: 387-SPS-1428-MG-2

Employer:
University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
Department:
Cardiology and Medicine
Location:
Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol
Salary:
£37,935 pa pro rata

Clinical Fellow Cardiology and Medicine + and dedicated specialist interest Chief Resident (CT level or above)

 

Exciting opportunity: University Hospitals Bristol NHS Trust are recruiting Clinical Fellows in Cardiology and Acute Internal Medicine, with dedicated Specialist Interest attachment as Chief Resident / Research / Quality Improvement / Digital Project Leadership

 

The successful applicant will be a doctor wishing to develop their skills and knowledge of Cardiology and internal medicine (in either Acute Medicine or Internal Medicine, as requested by the successful candidate). The post will be a combination of Cardiology, Acute Medicine and 25% dedicated time for Chief Resident projects. The post includes out of hours and on-call duties, and paid time for specialist interest, with leadership support, buddying and mentoring. Specialist interest projects may include, but are not limited to, quality improvement, digital project leadership. The specialist interest attachment would be as a dedicated training fellow.

Direct clinical duties will encompass 75% of daily activity with the remaining 25% of protected time allocated for the Chief Resident program specialist interest, as well as access to multiple high quality educational opportunities throughout the programme. On-call: the successful applicants will join the existing medical CMT on-call rota throughout the post.

For further details / informal visits contact:

Sophie Nicholls - General Manager for Cardiac Services

sophie.nicholls@uhbristol.nhs.uk




University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country and the major teaching and research centre for the South West. With over 9,500 staff, over 100 different clinical services, working in nine hospitals in the centre and to the south of Bristol, we offer a wide range of careers and jobs. Together we support the delivery of excellent care to the people of Bristol and beyond.

We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.

University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust is an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we’re meeting our pledge.

To comply with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 all applicants must be able to speak fluent English to an appropriate standard which will be assessed at Interview.

IMPORTANT:

  1. Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process. We may also contact you by texting the mobile number, if provided, on the application form. Due to high volumes of applications, vacancies may be closed before the closing date.
  2. As a guide interviews should usually take place within 3 weeks of the closing date.
  3. When providing employment reference details, please provide correct work related email addresses so references can be sought promptly when we are looking to progress your application. Your referee must all be known to you in a line manager or professional lead capacity.
  4. All staff identified as AT-RISK who meets the requirements of the post will be prioritised accordingly. Priority will initially be given to University Hospital Bristol employees.
  5. The Trust uses the recruitment platform TRAC systems to administer all stages of the recruitment process meaning that information in regard to shortlisting will not be communicated via NHS Jobs.

Disclosure and Barring Service Check

This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.


UK Registration

Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.



SAFERJobs To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.

  • Disability Confident Employer
  • Employer Recognition Scheme Silver
  • Mindful Employer Logo
  • Smoke Free Logo
  • Age Positive Logo
  • Apprenticeships Logo
  • CQC Outstanding
  • Time to Change