This job is now closed
Hours: 40 hours per week (5 days over 7 days)
Days: Monday to Sundays covering 5 days over 7 days per week
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Main duties of the job
The Phototherapy Nurse will be able to provide high standards of care in various Nurse-led follow-up clinics including:
- Phototherapy (narrowband UVB),
- Completion of investigations, treatments, nurse led clinics, as well as supporting numerous dermatology clinics, and supporting to ensure the completion of appropriate dermatology pathway.
- To support patient pathways in dermatology and participate fully in the treatment and monitoring of the patients.
- To support and advise patients on the promotion of health and prevention of illness, teaching patients and their relatives where appropriate.
- To support the community dermatology clinics and provide education and resources for patients and families.
- The post holder will be expected to demonstrate self- initiative as well as have the ability to manage their own caseload for the Nurse follow-up clinics.
HealthHarmonie Ltd is a fast paced, growing organisation that operates in the Healthcare sector based in the vibrant city centre of Birmingham. Established in 2003 HealthHarmonie has grown with the ever-changing healthcare industry and the access to NHS services that patients have today. HealthHarmonie Ltd work in partnership with a number of NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups nationwide to provide patients with access to community services closer to their home, these include; Diagnostic Ultrasound, Dermatology Services, diagnosis and treatment of Dermatological conditions, Ophthalmology services and the provision of extended Minor surgery procedures.
By joining the HealthHarmonie family you will be a part of the fundamental infrastructure needed to deliver excellent patient care across the UK. Whether this be joining us in a clinical role or an administration role your presence in HealthHarmonie is vital. All of our roles require you to have an innovative thought process, a willingness to learn new skills and the want to be in charge of your own career by taking ownership of the role you are completing.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the dermatology team for a Phototherapy Nurse to work within established Community Dermatology clinics, which currently run Monday-Sunday. You will be a registered nurse with significant post registration experience and excellent organisational and communication skills. You will hold a degree in Nursing and have knowledge of Dermatology and experience of delivering Dermatology treatments is essential. You must be willing to undertake any necessary training. You will have the ability to work independently and also as part of the Dermatology team. Flexibility in working days is essential to ensure service levels are maintained. You will report to the Clinical Governance Manager and work with them to audit and develop the nurse-led follow-up services.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).