Healthcare Support Worker
This job is now closed
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and enthusiastic healthcare support worker to join our Integrated Sexual Health team in Telford.
The successful candidate will be a compassionate and non-judgemental individual who demonstrates excellent communication skills. They will have an understanding of the complexities of sexual health and bounds of confidentiality the service upholds.
The service is based in Telford, with satellite clinics delivered in surrounding areas. The chosen applicant will work on a rota basis covering the opening times of the service. The service runs from a Monday to Saturday, inclusively and is open from 8:00am until 8:00pm.
If you are interested in being part of a hard-working and motivated team who deliver expert care which makes a difference, please contact me for more information.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be required to work in collaboration with members of the sexual health team, contributing to the promotion and provision of high quality care for patients seeking advice, screening and treatment in contraception and sexual health and Genito-Urinary Medicine settings across South Staffordshire.
The post holder will support the sexual health team and work autonomously where appropriate, duties to include Phlebotomy, Blood Pressure, Weight, Height and Body Mass Index calculations, pregnancy testing, collecting Mid Stream Urine samples including urinalysis, condom demonstrations, chaperoning, assisting and preparing for the sessions within sexual health.
Inclusion, created in 2002 is part of the Specialist Services Care Group of Midlands Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT). We provide caring and effective services across England, including, West Yorkshire, West Midlands, East Midlands, West Mercia, Thames Valley, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Thurrock, Essex.We support individuals, families and communities who are affected by addiction, crime, mental health or need treatment for their sexual health. We believe that the individuals and families who use our services should receive high quality, committed and inclusive care, realising all the benefits a modern NHS organisation can provide.We work with patients and our staff teams to achieve the best outcomes we can. We invest heavily in training and development, and the wellbeing of our people, both staff and service users is central to who we are. Here at MPFT, we are proud of the comprehensive wellbeing and lifestyle support offer available, in addition to in-house training and coaching support.Our services are robustly governed, evidence-based, inclusive, and designed and provided in conjunction with service users. We are committed to providing the best service we can, and if you share our values, we want you on our team!
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further details, a summary is below:
- To work as an integral part of the sexual health team under the direction of the Nurse Team Leader to promote contraception and sexual health issues ensuring the wellbeing of patients.
- Assist in clinic sessions as directed by the Nurse Team Leader to ensure the smooth running of the clinics.
- To participate in planned procedures and prescribed care for patients under the direction of medical and nursing colleagues, which includes preparing for and assisting clinicians with Intra-uterine device fittings/removals, implant insertion/removal, swab sample taking and Cervical Cytology.
- To act as a chaperone for clinical staff offering intimate examinations to patients as and when necessary.
- To undertake any duties as may be required to meet the needs of the service, within the limitations of the post.