Mental Health Operational Lead
This job is now closed
Lead Innovation at Inclusion Thurrock's NHS Talking TherapiesEmpower a team of therapists alongside the Clinical Lead, driving transformative results with evidence-based interventions. Collaborate to streamline processes, improve patient experiences, and integrate lived-experience voices into service design.
Shape Mental Healthcare in ThurrockBring your clinical experience and strategic mindset to expand service reach and operational excellence. Contribute to an innovative mental health landscape.
Proactive Leader WantedAre you a compassionate leader seeking challenge? Help guide Inclusion Thurrock's NHS Talking Therapies toward an exciting future.
- Plan and oversee NHS Talking Therapies implementation with Senior Management.
- Lead ongoing strategic and operational delivery.
- Foster multi-agency relations and compliance with standards.
- Champion service quality, safety, and engagement.
- Drive inclusivity strategies for under-represented communities.
Be the Catalyst for ChangeActive service user involvement in design, delivery, and evaluation awaits. Join the forward-thinking management team at Inclusion Thurrock.
Main duties of the job
- Lead strategic service planning, aligning with local and national initiatives.
- Drive operational excellence for NHS Talking Therapies, ensuring quality care delivery, compliance, and efficient resource utilization.
- Develop and manage performance systems, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Establish effective communication with stakeholders, promote diversity, and represent services.
- Oversee clinical governance, managing incidents, investigations, and complaints.
- Manage budgets, resources, and staffing levels, ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Ensure information governance, interpret data, and facilitate learning.
- Support HR matters, encourage staff development, and enable performance management.
- Adapt to physical demands, manage service implementation for diverse needs.
- Contribute to clinical systems and Trust meetings, supporting flexible hours and concentration demands.
Inclusion, created in 2002 is part of the Specialist Services Care Group of Midlands Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT). We provide caring and effective services across England, including, West Yorkshire, West Midlands, East Midlands, West Mercia, Thames Valley, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Thurrock, Essex.We support individuals, families and communities who are affected by addiction, crime, mental health or need treatment for their sexual health. We believe that the individuals and families who use our services should receive high quality, committed and inclusive care, realising all the benefits a modern NHS organisation can provide.We work with patients and our staff teams to achieve the best outcomes we can. We invest heavily in training and development, and the wellbeing of our people, both staff and service users is central to who we are. Here at MPFT, we are proud of the comprehensive wellbeing and lifestyle support offer available, in addition to in-house training and coaching support.Our services are robustly governed, evidence-based, inclusive, and designed and provided in conjunction with service users. We are committed to providing the best service we can, and if you share our values, we want you on our team!
For full job description and person specification, please see the attached documents.
Strategy & Planning
- Align strategies with local and national initiatives, develop service models with Senior Management Team in line with national guidelines, and develop adaptable workforce plans.
- Alongside the Clinical Lead, deliver effective NHS Talking Therapies with good governance processes. Maintain high-quality services, drive change, review and renegotiate targets, and foster quality culture through evaluation.
Communication and Relationships
- Establish effective communication within Service, Trust, and stakeholders. Motivate in sensitive situations, create a person-centered culture, drive diversity, and represent our services.
- Promote quality care and compliance, lead investigations, ensure effective complaints procedures, ensure data protection and governance, and disseminate Trust policies.
Resource & Financial Management
- Manage budget and resources efficiently, collaborate with functional teams, and determine effective staffing levels whilst assisting with recruitment.
Risk Management & Safety
- Assess and manage service risks, manage Health and Safety, and conduct audits to manage safety policies.
- Investigate HR matters, oversee development and training, encourage learning, and ensure performance management.
Qualifications and Training
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).