This job is now closed
Do you want to make a real difference as a Psychosocial Recovery Worker? Why not bring your compassion and skills to help support people in their recovery?
Our Integrated Mental Health and Substance Misuse Service at HMP Dovegate is looking for a dynamic and experienced Recovery Worker. The team is innovative, forward thinking and committed to a Recovery focused approach that meets people's needs. You will be part of a supportive team with effective management, supervision and guidance.
Working with people who have complex offending backgrounds and mental health needs within prison is both challenging and rewarding. This is a fantastic chance to make a positive difference to the lives of people who are often disadvantaged and vulnerable.
- passionate about providing high quality mental health care and support?
- skilled/experienced in providing evidence based psychological/psychosocial interventions geared towards supporting people to make positive changes and work towards recovery?
- highly motivated with the ability to support and inspire?
- able to apply your skills/interventions to the care of people with mild to moderate mental health needs that often co-exist with substance misuse needs.
then we want to hear from you!
Main duties of the job
To provide a range of low, medium and high intensity interventions as part of the Integrated Mental Health and Substance Misuse Team to those people experiencing substance misuse problems.
To work in a custodial environment delivering a high quality drug and alcohol recovery service in response to need.
To provide a range of psycho-social interventions motivating and supporting people to achieve recovery and positive outcomes within a recovery-orientated substance misuse treatment service.
To work in collaboration with clinical prescribing services to ensure the needs of each service user is met.
To provide a drug and alcohol recovery service (incorporating assessment, recovery planning, casework coordination and psycho-social interventions) to people located within the prison establishment.
Inclusion, created in 2002 is part of the Specialist Services Care Group of Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT). We provide caring and effective services across England, including, West Yorkshire, West Midlands, East Midlands, West Mercia, Thames Valley, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Thurrock, Essex. We support individuals, families and communities who are affected by addiction, crime, mental health or need treatment for their sexual health. We believe that the individuals and families who use our services should receive high quality, committed and inclusive care, realising all the benefits a modern NHS organisation can provide. We work with patients and our staff teams to achieve the best outcomes we can. We invest heavily in training and development, and the wellbeing of our people, both staff and service users is central to who we are. Here at MPFT, we are proud of the comprehensive wellbeing and lifestyle support offer available, in addition to in-house training and coaching support. Our services are robustly governed, evidence-based, inclusive, and designed and provided in conjunction with service users. We are committed to providing the best service we can, and if you share our values, we want you on our team!
For more information about HMP Dovegate and our incentives offer please see the attached information.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for the full list of responsibilities:
- Working as part of the team you will provide varied and comprehensive interventions in-line with the stepped care model.
- Working in partnership with key agencies to ensure service users are supported on their individual recovery journeys.
- Delivering the substance misuse and wellbeing elements of the integrated offender team.
- Facilitating groups.