This job is now closed
We are seeking somebody who can offer confidential and efficient administrative support to the Recovery College team.
The post-holder will provide an effective and efficient administrative service to the Recovery College team including admin support to the lead. This role will have day to day management responsibility for the administration team.
The role will be based at Thurrock Health Centre and working from home with an expectation to travel across the area when necessary and occasional travel to course venues.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be required to work on his/her own initiative and demonstrate a willingness to help others and be a key member of the teams.
The post holder will be expected to be able to prioritise work and meet deadlines in order to fulfil the requirements of the post, Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential with an ability to deal with highly sensitive and challenging situations.
The post holder will be required to utilise a personal computer for word processing and database management.
Inclusion, created in 2002 is part of the Specialist Services Care Group of Midlands Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT). We provide caring and effective services across England, including, West Yorkshire, West Midlands, East Midlands, West Mercia, Thames Valley, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Thurrock, Essex.
We support individuals, families and communities who are affected by addiction, crime, mental health or need treatment for their sexual health. We believe that the individuals and families who use our services should receive high quality, committed and inclusive care, realising all the benefits a modern NHS organisation can provide.
We work with patients and our staff teams to achieve the best outcomes we can. We invest heavily in training and development, and the wellbeing of our people, both staff and service users is central to who we are. Here at MPFT, we are proud of the comprehensive wellbeing and lifestyle support offer available, in addition to in-house training and coaching support.
Our services are robustly governed, evidence-based, inclusive, and designed and provided in conjunction with service users. We are committed to providing the best service we can, and if you share our values, we want you on our team!
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for a full list of responsibilities. Below is a summary:
- Provide day to day management for the administration team including overseeing the above 3 roles and work prioritisation will be key to smooth operational flow.
- Produce a range of confidential, good quality documents including typing of letters, reports etc. from written, composing correspondence, retrieving information from the internet and producing computerised presentations.
- Arrange and coordinate team meetings, including booking their venues, informing the relevant team members, preparing agendas in time, taking and transcribing minutes, circulating minutes, passing on apologies, cascading changes in time and/or arrangements for meetings.
- Distribute monthly reports to team leads to support monitoring of key performance indicators e.g. mandatory training compliance, sickness absence management, appraisal compliance. Follow up actions taken by managers / leads to improve compliance.
- Inputting sickness absence, annual leave, travel and additional payments on E-pay and/or Health Roster and as delegated by line manager.
- Use systems to procure goods and raise orders for the service, processing orders via the Trust electronic procurement system. Order and maintain adequate amounts of stationery.
Qualifications and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).