Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist (Prison Service)
The closing date is 31 October 2023
At MPFT we pride ourselves on staff wellbeing and development and can we offer you:
- Our SOOTHE resources - supporting staff across the trust with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Counselling support and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters
- "In our Gift" providing a platform for your voice to be heard to inform change
- The opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Opportunities for flexible working (depending on the role)
- Career development opportunities and coaching plus access to in house training programs
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme
- Recognition and engagement through our staff LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and Staff Engagement Surveys
- NHS discounts available via the Blue Card and Red Guava schemes
Main duties of the job
Flexible Working / Job Sharing Opportunities / Generous incentives
Are you a forensic consultant psychiatrist or general adult psychiatrist with a special interest in forensics? If you are, here is a great opportunity for you!
We have a unique offer, and want to recruit to an established consultant post, providing consultancy and clinical leadership within the mental health team in HMP Leeds.
You will have an opportunity to lead and develop the service. The nature of the prisons will offer wonderful opportunities to enrich your clinical and academic skills. Inclusion is renowned for investing in and supporting our workforce and we are proud to have as strong ethos of continuous professional development.
Nationally, Inclusion provides mental health and drug and alcohol services to over 24 prisons, with an excellent track record of delivering high quality services. People using our prison services typically rate the quality of care the received as GOOD or VERY GOOD!
We believe that people can change and a resounding theme of our services is being flexible to changing need, not compromising on quality and understanding our responsibility in achieving the best possible outcomes for service users, families and communities.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce; we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further information on the role.
Education and Qualifications
Training and Research
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).