Band 5 Dermatology Nurse - North and North East Lincolnshire
HCRG Care Group
This job is now closed
Join our fantastic Dermatology team as a Band 5 Dermatology Nurse. You will be based at our Ironstone Centre, Scunthorpe, within our North and North East Lincolnshire service. You may be required to travel to Stirling Street Medical Centre,Grimsby. We are the only full secondary dermatology service across North and North East Lincolnshire, providing consultation, advice and treatment from consultants, specialist GPs and specialist nurses for a wide range of dermatological problems (skin complaints).
Our service is consultant-led with nurse led clinics. All referrals are triaged, with some conditions seen initially by our nurse specialist, who is supported by the consultant.
At our North and North East Lincolnshire Dermatology Service our mission to provide a high quality, easy and convenient access to dermatology specialists, led by consultants. We effectively manage demand within primary care, through GP ownership of referral protocols and care pathways. We help ensure the 18-week referral to treatment targets are met by reducing waiting times and more accurately matching need to professional competence with appropriate onward referrals.
Our service runs from 8am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Main duties of the job
Your days will be rewarding and fulfilling and include providing some of the below:
Carrying out phototherapy, MEDs and supporting and monitoring junior staff
Being able to assist minor skin operations
Carrying our Photodynamic Therapy
Post operative wound clinics, able to provide practical and appropriate wound care advice to patients and staff
Pre-operative patient assessment
Full description of responsibilities in the attached job description.
About the Company
We change lives by transforming health and care.
Established in 2006, we are one of the UK's leading independent providers of community health and care services, working with health and care commissioners and communities to transform services with a focus on experience, efficiency and improved outcomes. We deliver and transform adult and children community health services, primary care services including urgent care, sexual health, dermatology and MSK services as well as adult social care and wellbeing services. Across England, we support communities of many millions and directly help more than half a million people each year - guided by our simple values: we care, we think, we do.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from a broad, diverse range of people who want to join our team. We're a Disability Confident Committed company, so we work to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to be as inclusive of everyone.
While it doesn't happen often, sometimes a role is very popular, and well need to close it earlier than the date we've shown here. If you're keen to join our team, wed love to hear from you so please apply as soon as you can.
To find out more about HCRG Care Group, please visit https://www.hcrgcaregroup.com/about-us-2
As a Band 5 Dermatology Nurse, youll be part of our valued team at our Ironstone Centre, Scunthorpe within our North and North East Lincolnshire service
You will feel valued as a Dermatology Nurse within HCRG Care Group, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
- £28,407- £34,581 salarywith NHS pension and full agenda for change terms and conditions
- Membership of My Reward Hub, giving you access to discounts on everyday purchases like grocery shopping as well as cashback and voucher offers for treats for you and those special to you
- Access to your wages as you earn them to help cover lifes emergencies and avoid overdraft fees or high interest rates
- Online and face to face help with your mental and physical wellbeing from healthy recipes and activity challenges through to post trauma support, legal, debt and life management help, as well career coaching and counselling
- Access to eLearning, bespoke career pathways and opportunities for continuing professional development through our Outstanding learning and development team, The Learning Enterprise
- An open, just culture where youre encouraged to have and implement ideas which can help us deliver our purpose: changing lives through transforming health and care backed up by at least £100,000 of ringfenced innovation funding each year
- Free tea, coffee, and milk at your base location