Health Visitor Team Leader
Central London Community Health Trust
This job is now closed
Brent Universal Children's Service is seeking a Health Visitor Team Leader to provide leadership in our Universal Health Visiting and services across Brent.
You will be joining a forward thinking and innovative integrated Universal Children's Service providing Health Visiting, School Nursing, Infant Nutrition and Healthy Weight services in Brent. We have excellent relationships with services across Brent and work in partnership with Brent Family Well Being Centres and the Brent Early Years Teams.
You will be a registered SCPHN practitioner with significant experience in practice. You will have an interest in leadership and the delivery of quality family centred care where children are at the heart of the work you lead. You will have a passion for public health nursing seeking new ways of working with families. You will seek and develop innovative ways of working with Brent families to enable to children to have their best start in life. You will provide leadership and management, advice and support the service. You will be supported by a Clinical Services Manager and Clinical Lead and the wider resources of the Clinical Service Unit, Division, CLCH and the CLCH Academy. You will also have corporate membership of the iHV and SAPHNA.
Main duties of the job
Leading, influencing and delivering a comprehensive public health nursing service in line with the Healthy Child Programme and local service specifications that meets the public health needs of local communities.
Contributing to the delivery of Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018), including improving health and life chances for children and families and safeguarding those at risk.
To deliver the role in accordance with CLCH Trust values and behaviours.
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs - Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster - and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Car lease scheme *T&C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
As an NHS trust,we are committed to equal opportunities and ensuring equality and diversity in the workplace.
We have a number of staff networks: Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN), Race Equality Network and the Rainbow Network which supports LGBT+ staff. Each network has a champion who is an executive director at the Trust and they hold regular meetingsto discuss issues andmake plans to improve CLCH.
- To provide clinical and professional leadership and manage 0-19 public health nursing (health visiting and school nursing) teams, ensuring the delivery of a comprehensive and high quality needs led service
- To plan, organize and evaluate an innovative public health service, and where appropriate, delegate to other members of the team to ensure delivery of a high quality service
- To provide a skilled, effective and evidence based public health service to clients in a variety of community settings.
- To work in collaboration with other health care and service providers to ensure seamless delivery of services for clients and communities
- To collaborate with team colleagues in order to deliver the Quality Strategy objectives.
- Plan, organise, evaluate and where appropriate, delegate to other members of the 0-19 team to ensure delivery of a high quality service.
Please see attached Job Description for full roles and responsibilities
Skills and Knowledge
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).