Band 4 Workforce Coordinator
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FT
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Workforce Coordinator to join a busy Estates and Facilities department. We are looking for an individual with excellent communications skills, who is motivated, proactive and one who would thrive in a fast paced and diverse team.
The successful applicant will work very closely to the Workforce Manager, Estates and Facilities Management Team and HR Advisors, to support the day to day provision of the Estates and Facilities service.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide first level advice on Trust HR policies and terms and conditions of employment to line managers and staff.
The post holder will monitor Estates and Facilities KPI's and workforce compliance and support managers with the implementation of HR policies.
The main duties of this post include extracting employee information from ESR , providing details to supervisors, managers and Head of service as required. The post holder is expected to have experience of managing sensitive employee information utilising the functionality of ESR wherever possible. The postholder will undertake a range of office duties supporting E&F workforce management to deliver the wider team objectives. This will include maintaining information systems (ESR) and HR sickness absence records.
The post holder will proactively promote engagement in the Staff Survey across the division and support, monitor and produce the reporting on KPI compliance for the Estates and Facilities directorate. This will include PDR, sickness and mandatory training for the E&F Workforce Manager and HR team as appropriate
The post holder will work closely with the Workforce Manager and HR team as well as heads of service in staff engagement and promoting an inclusive and just culture.
- Extract employee information from ESR and provide details to supervisors, managers and Head of service as required.
- Ensure information is appropriately and securely stored, filed and easily retrievable, using or setting up relevant systems, utilising the functionality of ESR wherever possible
- The postholder will undertake a range of office duties supporting E&F workforce management to deliver the wider team objectives. This will include maintaining information systems (ESR) and HR sickness absence records.
- To actively promote engagement in the Staff Survey across the division.
- Support, monitor and produce the reporting on KPI compliance for the Estates and Facilities directorate including PDR, sickness and mandatory training for the E&F Workforce Manager and HR team as appropriate
- Provide initial support and advice to managers dealing with long and short term absences, with appropriate follow up in terms of progress updates.
- Implements relevant policies and procedures and makes suggestions for improvement
- Reviewing sickness absence reports, updating sickness monitoring spreadsheets and notifying managers and supervisors when a sickness absence trigger has been met in a timely manner, with appropriate follow up to ensure that attendance review meetings are actioned.
- Contributing to the completion of the Corporate HR teams monthly workforce report
- Responding to and resolving queries from employees and E&F management in respect of HR information, providing basic advice on Trust employment policies.
- Performing accurate annual leave calculations.
- Organises and supports formal and informal HR meetings with E&F management and staff and taking comprehensive meeting notes.
- Supporting managers with invite letters to staff in relation to Trust employment policies as well as supporting with formal meeting summary outcome letters.
- Ensure that managers are directed to appropriate professional advice for matters outside of the remit of this post, for example Pensions, Payroll etc.
- Responsible for supporting short term absence meetings and escalating long term absences or more complex absences (with appropriate progress made to date) to the E&F Workforce Manager / Corporate Senior HR Advisor.
- Responsible for working with the E&F Workforce Manager & Human Resources with all aspects of employee relations casework administration.
- Supporting E&F management with the collation of employee documentation for employee relations panel packs
- To work with the E&F Workforce Manager to support coaching and development of the wider E&F workforce.
- Supporting E&F management with preparing for and following up employee wellbeing meetings.
- Attend HR, Workforce and Recruitment meetings.
- Monitoring the E&F query inbox, forwarding queries on to the respective team as appropriate
- Supporting with World Facilities management day on an annual basis.
- Supporting the E&F Workforce Manager with staff engagement sessions for the E&F workforce.
- Managing employees personal information.
- Ability to work unsupervised and own initiative within the appropriate remit of this role.
Essential and Desirable
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).