Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
This job is now closed
The post holder is required to, deliver a comprehensive Resuscitation Service across the Trust at the direction of the Resuscitation Lead. This will include the development, delivery and evaluation of a resuscitation curriculum according to policy and protocols. To assist in delivering an appropriate and comprehensive educational programme relating to resuscitation to all members of Trust staff. Advise and participate in resuscitation practice and work in commissioning of resuscitation equipment. The post holder will assist with advice to all areas of the Trust concerning resuscitation related directives, national initiatives and changes in protocol. The post holder will be expected to have clinical experience in the field of emergency care, and be able to demonstrate continuing professional development in a range of resuscitation specialties. The post will be Trustwide covering two acute sites and community areas
Main duties of the job
To fully participate in maintaining a well co-coordinated resuscitation service at Stoke Mandeville, Wycombe hospitals and Community settings within the structure of the Resuscitation Service.
To ensure compliance and implementation of Trust policies and procedures relating to resuscitation.
Contribute to the training in resuscitation for all grades of staff. Facilitate training to establish the recognised levels of competence required by external organisations e.g. Resuscitation Council UK.
To provide advice to all staff on issues relating to adult and paediatric resuscitation, cardiac arrest prevention and recognition of the sick patient.
To undertake risk assessment activities as directed by the Resuscitation Lead or Senior Resuscitation Officer throughout the Trust and report findings.
To represent the Resuscitation Service as requested by the Resuscitation Lead.
To work with colleagues promoting good working relationships encouraging teamwork, motivation, innovation and high standards of clinical practice.
Assists in disseminating and implementing changes to training in line with developments in National and International guidelines and practice, ensuring that all training offered adheres to current guidelines.
- To utilise Information Technology resources in the establishment of databases and spread sheets that will assist with departmental audit and research projects.
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued, and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for? Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.
Education, Qualification and Training
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).