Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Would you like to be part of a successful pharmaceutical organisation with global reach and serious growth ambitions where everyone is encouraged to be their best?
Due to significant growth in Torbay Pharmaceuticals Contract Manufacturing orders a great new role has become available for an experience Cost Accountant
The Cost Accountant is responsible for providing high quality financial information, support and advice, through maintenance and improvement of existing product costing information and analysis and insight of customer and product margins, thereby assisting Torbay Pharmaceuticals to achieve their financial objectives.
This new role is intended to provide knowledge, resource and support following a period of significant growth in Contract Manufacturing orders. There is a need to ensure quotes are developed and delivered to meet customer expectations and that costs are tracked to ensure margins are achieved. Contract Manufacturing is the single biggest growth pillar in, Torbay Pharmaceuticals strategy.
The most rewarding part of this role is you will be providing information, analysis and insight to assist Torbay Pharmaceuticals achieve their financial objectives and Identifying and implementing changes to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of product costings to deliver the strategy
At TP we offer flexible working and this role has the potential to be 90% working from home where we'd only need to come to the office at agreed times.
Main duties of the job
- Delivery of accurate and timely customer quotations
- Delivery of accurate and timely product costs to agreed deadlines
- Generation and analysis of product costing information providing visibility of actual product costs and customer profitability
- Monitoring and tracking of invoicing of costs, time spent on projects, throughout the project lifecycle, to ensure that costs are accurately invoiced and in a timely manner
- Improvements to costing information and supporting processes
Torbay Pharmaceuticals (TP) - Built by the NHS, Supplying the World
TP is a flagship business within the National Health Service and manufactures and distributes terminally sterilised injectables for the secondary care market in the UK and worldwide. We believe that by thinking and acting differently we can make a positive difference to people's lives across the world.
The business employs around 200 people, is achieving year on year growth and has an ambitious growth plan that will see the business doubling in size over the next 4-5 years. Our specialist portfolio includes licensed and unlicensed terminally sterilised injectibles, high-quality electrolyte solutions for TPN compounding, and a range of non-sterile oral solutions.
We are based in Paignton in a purpose built, state of the art manufacturing facility that opened in 2017. We also have a number of remotely based roles and a modern, collaborative space for those 'touchdown' moments when you need to plug back in at the main site.
The post holder will be required to;
- Maintain current product costings
- Provide analysis and insight of customer and product margins
- Improve current product costings methods, with a move towards actual costs for materials, components & consumables
- Generate costings/quotes, using starting materials provided by PD and testing by the Laboratories
- Liaise with Supply Chain to obtain quotes for costs of new starting materials, in line with specifications provided by PD
- Liaise with the Chemistry, Micro & Stability Laboratories, to obtain quotes for testing, in line with customer requirements
- Calculate project start-up costs using standard costs for generic pieces of work
- Develop a project start-up matrix, to support an early evaluation of new project opportunities
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as determined by their line manager within the overall parameters of the post
Full details can be found on the attached Job Description. In your application please refer to the person specification/role requirements in your supporting information
Qualifications & Skills
Experience & Knowledge
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).