East London NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Sports Therapist within the Therapy department in secure mental health services. You will work within a Sports Therapy team providing therapeutic sports and health related interventions. Addressing the health needs of individuals within mental health services is a crucial aspect of Recovery and the Sports Therapy team play a vital role within this. The ideal candidate will have some experience of working with individuals within mental health. Please contact Inthuja Kesavanathan for more details of this post on 020 8510 2131 or Inthuja.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main duties of the job
- To provide specialist individual/group assessment and treatment programmes for inpatient service users in sports, health and fitness related activity.
- To provide these programmes in a manner which is safe, effective, inclusive and in accordance with Trust policies and procedures
- To support the Multi-Disciplinary Clinical Team (MDT) in its provision of assessment and treatment programmes to inpatient service users.
- To develop links with relevant community sports, health and fitness providers in order to facilitate service users accessing these services
- To contribute to the development of the Forensic Directorate Sports Service and Therapies Service.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Education, training and qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
Effort and Environment
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).