Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading NHS Talking Therapies service operating across East Sussex as our new Senior Area Clinical Lead (Band 8b) - 12 month fixed term
Health in Mind provides a community-based range of evidence based therapeutic and clinical interventions to support adults with mild to moderate anxiety and/or depression. We are a Talking Therapies for Anxiety & Depression (TTAD) service and also have a team of Primary Care Mental Health Practitioners (PCMHPs) who are central to our triage function and provide assessments and interventions. We receive referrals from a number of routes including self-referrals and from GPs.
Health in Mind is a Talking Therapies for Anxiety & Depression Service that offers a full range of compliant therapies and job roles. As a service we support people presenting with mild to moderate anxiety disorders and depression. Please see our website for further information on https://www.healthinmind.org.uk/.
We are recruiting a Senior Area Clinical Lead (Band 8b). This is a 12 month fixed term, full-time post (37.5 hours per week) though we will consider applications from those that wish to work flexibly and are open to discussions around remote and home working.
Health in Mind covers the whole of East Sussex (with the exception of Brighton and Hove) and the successful applicant will join our team in the West of our areas (Peacehaven, Newhaven, Lewes and High Weald).
Main duties of the job
As a valued member of the Senior Management Team your responsibilities will include
- providing effective leadership, management and supervision to staff which promotes high performance standards both individually and as a team.
- providing highly specialist psychological therapy supervision and oversight of assessment, formulation and interventions based on highly specialist experience of both mental health and the provision of psychological therapies, in particular highly specialist knowledge and experience of CBT and other interventions as appropriate.
- providing clinical leadership to staff delivering CBT and other interventions.
- holding a caseload of clients, particularly those with more complex needs.
We are an 8am -8pm service, so some of our appointments are after 5pm or before 9am in order to meet the needs of our service users.
Spanning the beautiful county of East Sussex, Health in Mind is split into 3 areas:
- West: Peacehaven, Newhaven, Lewes and High Weald
- Central: Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford
- East: Hastings, Bexhill and Rural Rother
From the popular seaside destinations of Bexhill, Hastings and Eastbourne, to the culture-rich historic towns of Lewes and Battle, to the sweeping countryside locations within rural Rother and Wealden, East Sussex has so much to offer.
As a large mental health trust Sussex Partnership places a huge focus on the wellbeing of our staff, as well as ensuring our reward packages reflect the immensely important work they do. We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in an expanding service, which has national recognition.
- Access to numerous wellbeing and support programmes, run by our internal wellbeing team
- Excellent supervision programmes, with ongoing opportunities for training and development
- Access to a host of discount schemes (including gyms, shopping, restaurants and cars)
- A position within a trust rated as 'Outstanding' for caring and 'Good' overall by the CQC
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Please apply using the link in this advert, or for more information explore the attachments or contact:
Helen Lofthouse Job Title: Clinical Lead firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).