East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Fordwich an acute medical ward at Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital are looking for a Junior Sister to join their team.
Main duties of the job
Provide professional leadership, advice and guidance to Nurses and Healthcare Assistants and foster collaborative partnerships with other disciplines
- Communicate effectively with patients and their relatives, ensuring accurate and seamless information is conveyed and documented
- Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of agreed standards, ensuring that any shortfall is brought to the attention of the Line Manager
- Ensure that all quality initiatives within the critical care environment are adhered to and that the highest standards of care are maintained at all times
- Assist in the development of clinical protocols ensuring that these are reviewed in accordance with the needs of the service in conjunction with the Ward/Unit Manager
- Ensure that accurate and legible patient records are kept in line with professional and legal requirements
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships and communications with consultants, medical staff, nurse colleagues and other multi-agency
The organisation is currently launching its new improvement focus in the form of an improvement system called We Care. The We Care System is a fundamentally new model that the organisation will be shifting to, it champions empowerment, promotes innovation and will bolster the connection and collaboration of staff throughout the organisation.The We Care System utilises a multi-layered approach to improvement allowing staff to develop and produce a variety of ideas to combat the issues and problems that have been identified. The system allows for the deployment of:o Strategic Initiatives which are long term projects and focus led and driven by our executiveo Trust Priority Improvement Projects which are short term projects allocated to a range of project teams made up from our staff groups focusing on impacting our True North metrics and breakthrough objectiveso Ward Based OMS which delivers daily management and continuous improvement on the frontline
"Applications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disability."
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).