Senior Anatomical Pathology Technologist
University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two fully qualified Senior Anatomical Pathology Technicians to join the mortuary team at Chesterfield Royal Hospital.
The posts have been established to support Mortuary Service Manager & team of APT's and APT/MEO's in the organisation of a safe, secure, effective and comprehensive mortuary, post mortem and Medical Examiner's office/service for the needs of the Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the wider community.
(This post is provided by Derbyshire Pathology, a contracted joint venture between Chesterfield Royal Hospital and University Hospitals of Derby and Burton)
Main duties of the job
To assist the Service Manager and the Team of APT's and APT/MEO's in the running of a safe, secure, effective and comprehensive mortuary, post mortem examination and medical examiner service for the needs of the hospital, HM Coroner and the Community and to ensure that deceased patients and their relatives are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
To carry out all mortuary functions in line with departmental operating procedures. Assist medical and technical staff with post mortem examinations, both routine and high-risk cases including external examination and PM preparation in line with case history including skilful reconstruction of the deceased post examination. To participate in an on call rota.
Closing date of applications: 19 November 2023
Interview date: 01 December 2023
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A&Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.