University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a pro-active and motivated individual to join the Specialist Medicine Business Unit 2 (SMBU2) Management Team at University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust.
SMBU2 sits within the Division of Medicine and incorporates a number of complex medical specialties including: Cardiology, Clinical Measurement, Diabetes, Endocrinology, Endoscopy, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Renal.
We are looking for a Service Manager with excellent communication skills, organisation skills and enthusiasm to lead and support services.
This is an exciting role which would be ideal for someone wishing to gain operational management experience and develop their leadership abilities. The role will work within the SMBU2 operational team and will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and efficient running of services as well as supporting the delivery of key performance targets.
You will be joining a dynamic, friendly and effective operational management team; committed to delivering high quality care to patients, improving our services and supporting and developing staff.
Main duties of the job
The Service Coordinator role is exciting and varied. Main duties will include:
- You will play a key role in the operational management of the Business Unit; working closely with clinicians and non-clinical teams to ensure that systems and processes are in place to deliver care of the highest quality to patients in our communities.
- You will be required to ensure the effective delivery of services by providing leadership, support and guidance on operational related issues.
- You will support services in the delivery of local and national performance targets (e.g. RTT performance, cancer performance) and will navigate the Trust Patient Access Policy to support service provision.
- You will be involved with resolving PALS queries and with the initial stages of incident investigation and complaints which will require you to ensure good governance within defined time frames.
- You will develop and provide a variety of reports to the Deputy General Manager and General Manager to be presented to senior Trust Management Meetings.
Closing date of applications: 21st September 2023
Date of interview: 12th October 2023
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
- Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
- On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
- A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
- We see on average 4810 OP appointments per day.
- We are the 4th busiest Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients department in England - an average of 2077 per week.
- An average of 1115 patients are seen in A&Es across our network every day - 3rd largest in the country.
- Our hospitals admit an average of 195 emergency patients daily.
- Last year we undertook almost 33,700 planned surgical operations in our 57 operating theatres.
- We are one of only 7 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres.
- We carry out more than 140 elective procedures each working day.
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.