The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
The closing date is 03 March 2024
The Estates Directorate is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and flexible maintenance assistant to join the Engineering Department based at the Royal Victoria Infirmary. The role will require the successful applicant to assist with the completion of various engineering maintenance tasks to ensure statutory, mandatory and Trust specific Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) tasks are completed within a timely and efficient manner.
Successful candidates will have a basic knowledge of building and engineering services and relevant experience within a maintenance environment. Experience of water system testing, ventilation systems and working in an acute hospital environment is desirable, though not essential
- Interview date: 25th March 2024
- 37 hours 30 minutes /week
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy.
Main duties of the job
- Typical PPM tasks will include, but are not limited to; water tank inspections; PAT testing; ventilation grille cleaning; air handling unit inspections and cleaning, legionella prevention PPMs, fire alarm & damper testing, Bed Maintenance etc.. Additional role requirements will also include the completion of minor works and day to day reactive maintenance of an Engineering/ Building manner.
- Flexible working is required to meet the Estates support demands of a large Acute Hospital Trust.
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, we have around 16,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
We have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 2 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
Please see attached information on what Staff Benefits we have to offer at our Trust.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
- Work under the direction of a craftsperson while working alongsideo Carry out a range of individual and support duties including maintenance and respond to Estates emergencies.o Assist with installation, repair and commissioning of equipment.
- Specific duties for site & plant room tidiness and safety
- Driving duties as required
- Carry out a range of maintenance activities on a variety of plant and equipment
- Domestic appliance repairs
- Bed Maintenance
- Water Flushing
- Grille Cleaning
- Fire Damper Testing
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first months pay.