Help Desk Operative / Clerical Support
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
We are unable to offer sponsorship for this post
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Estates Directorate as a Helpdesk Operative. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to work in our very busy Helpdesk receiving requests from across the hospital site.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring Estates and Facilities requests are dealt with in a professional and caring manner; ensuring patients and visitors are treated in a safe and appropriate environment.
- Interview Date 29/02/2024
- 37 Hours 30 Minutes/Week
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy.
Main duties of the job
The role includes a range of administrative duties, and example of these are:
- Raising purchase orders through Oracle and dealing with any queries raised from these.
- You will take queries in relation to Trust car parking which includes, processing applications, concessions and general parking enquires.
- To provide advice, guidance and support an efficient and professional Helpdesk service.
- To deliver excellent customer service to all users.
- Act as main point of contact for emails and telephone calls from all wards, departments, making decisions on whether the post holder can deal with query or pass to relevant section, good telephone manner essential.
- Receive calls to helpdesk and follow agreed procedures for recording, initiating action, responding to customer and updating the task management system.
- Follow agreed procedure to activate Helpdesk job processes.
- Comply with trust policies and procedures and operational changes that may be implemented for the development of the service.
- Participate in the Service Desk cover rota as necessary. As standard you would work 37.5 hours per week over a two shift rota pattern 08:00 to 20:00 hours.
- Demonstrate commitment to flexible working patterns to meet the needs of the service and staff.
- Ensure all records are kept accurately and confidentially.
- Prioritising all incoming work on a daily basis, including responding quickly and appropriately to urgent/important issues.
- You must have excellent telephone skills.
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with around 16,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
We have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 2 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
Please see attached information on what Staff Benefits we have to offer at our Trust.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
It is essential that you are:
- Computer literate and have good keyboard skills and have experience of using Microsoft word processing packages and have experience of using computer systems for data entry.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential for this role.
- You must have the ability to work on own initiative without close supervision and able to work under pressure and deal with difficult situations.
- Experience of working in a Service Desk role and the ability to work in a busy open plan office.
Are you an enthusiastic individual, with a 'can do' attitude and willingness to have a flexible attitude to work then this role might be for you!
This list is not conclusive, the nature of the work is flexible to the needs of the business. The successful candidate will also need to be flexible and able to adapt to the type of work environment that is proactive and high performing.
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first months pay.