Senior HR Administrator
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
Two vacancies have become available within Medical Staffing:
1 full-time position, working 37.5 hours/week
1 part-time position, working a maximum of 21 hours/week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Senior HR Administrators working the above hours per week, to join an established, and busy, Medical Staffing Team. We are looking for individuals with excellent communications skills, who are motivated, proactive and who would thrive in a friendly cohesive team.
The successful applicants will work very closely to the HR Advisors, to assist them in the day-to-day provision of service.
All relevant training will be provided.
The post holder will be based at Regent Point, NE3 3HD, and provide a service across the Newcastle upon Tyne Trust.
- Interview Date: 11th October 2023
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy
Main duties of the job
The successful applicants will liaise closely with new employees, managers, other departments and HR colleagues to ensure that all transactional changes that impact an employee are carried out smoothly and on time, ensuring that the transactional team deliver on KPI's and constantly strive to develop the service.
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with over 18,000 staff and an annual income of £1 billion.
We have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
Please see attached information on what Staff Benefits we have to offer at our Trust.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.
- To assist the Senior HR Advisor (Medical Staffing) in the day to day organisation and management of the Transactional function.
- To provide a high quality, responsive operational HR Service at Trust level to Clinical Directors, Directorate Managers and Medical staff.
- To assist the Senior HR Advisor with Workforce planning, eg fixed term contract extensions and leavers.
- To provide administrative training to the Directorate Administrators for Health Roster 11.
- To assist the HR Advisor with the collating and quality checking of the monthly Medics Locum Pay Report.
- To coordinate the interface of TRAC and ESR systems for all Honorary applicants.
- To assist the HR Advisor with the Visa process and have a good knowledge of the different types of visas, i.e. MTIs, Skilled Workers, etc.
- To build and maintain relationships with key external partners, e.g. Newcastle University, NGPS, Vocare.
- Manage the Medical Staffing inbox for the Medical Staffing team and ensure all queries are directed to the most appropriate person for resolution.
- Responsible for the enrolment process of Clinical Access and Observers.
- To assist the HR Advisor with the processing of Maternity and Paternity applications/queries.
- To be flexible with regard to cover on a day-to-day basis in the absence of colleagues.
- To take specific responsibility for particular areas of work including project work.
- To undertake project work in relation to new directives from the Department of Health or external bodies.
- Provide general advice to staff and managers on basic terms and conditions, policy, procedure and practice.
- General administration duties relating to an administrative role.
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first months pay.
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
Qualifications & Education
Knowledge & Experience
Skills & Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).