IM&T Systems Advanced Technical Specialist
London Ambulance Service NHS Trust
This job is now closed
- Lead specialists for the support and maintenance of the LAS's IT systemsVirtualisation, SAN, Hardware, Datacentres, Intranet, GRS, MDT, monitoring, etc).
- Responsible for ensuring that the systems are operational and maintained 24/7 x 365, implement future upgrades using Prince2 methodology, carry out comprehensive testing and create policies and procedures.
- Research , propose and manage policy and service changes, advise, recommend and initiate solutions. This will involve developing business cases to improve services, reduce costs, ensure business continuity across the Trusts clinical and non-clinical services.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers such as Dell, NetApp & Microsoft; ensuring proactive performance measurement is carried out.
- Plan and organise a wide-range of complex activities including formulating and adapting plans or strategies which impact both clinical and non-clinical areas within specialist projects and across the Trust.
Main duties of the job
- Provide 3rd level (highest level) IM&T Service Desk support on IT systems to all internal and external customers. Manage and own incidents in order to ensure prompt and successful resolution. Working to achieve agreed objectives with freedom to act and advise whilst managing own time. Act as lead specialist in own area.
- Ensure incidents are resolved within Service Level Agreements (SLAs) andprovide Management Information reports on IM&T activity and performance (use KPIs where appropriate)
London Ambulance Service NHS Trust is the biggest and busiest emergency ambulance service in the UK with over 5,500 staff who work across a wide range of roles. Our service operates over an area of approximately 620 square miles across London based in 70 ambulance stations.
As an integral part of the NHS in London, we work closely with hospitals and other healthcare professionals, as well as with other emergency services. We are also central to planning for, and responding to, large-scale events or major incidents in the capital.
We aim to deliver upon our vision by championing our values which should be reflected in everything we do. We are Respectful, Professional, Innovative and Collaborative.
The IM&T Directorate has recently undergone some realignment of its internal structure to allow us to meet the needs of the business. This has led to the reorganisation of some roles and the creation of a number of new positions, including the creation of the Customer Support Leads.
- Produce and maintain extensive specialist technical documentation covering all aspects of equipment and network records.
- Analyse and resolve complex IM&T related issues and problems affecting the operational and administrative IT systems, networks, mobile data networks, mobile voice networks including radio and access to the private and public networks
- Apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to carry out the detailed analysis and diagnosis of diverse and complex problems such as system errors, breaches of security or confidentiality and faults that occur with IM&T systems. To liaise with the appropriate internal and contracted parties to ensure asatisfactory resolution to the problems on a timely basis, actively pursue escalation where necessary, ensuring minimal disruption of service where possible. This will require configuration of software, hardware and analysis and training based on the results of the analysis. This will require the use of specialist software tools and hand tools required to repair intricate systems components requiring high levels of hand to eye co-ordination.
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance of IM&T policy throughout the LAS using occupational guidelines.
- Provide instructions and guidance for the handling of sensitive information relating to staff and patient data, including security and backup strategies
- Advise on job related health and safety, security, passwords, viruses, backup procedures, software licensing, VDU legislation, restore and recovery of data and requirements of the Data Protection Act and knowledge of all appropriate complex specialist procedures and ensure responsible, proper and safe use of IM&T equipment by users.
- Frequent concentration required on areas of specialist knowledge with the ability to deal with frequent interruptions. This will include intense concentration on vital systems, for example, CAD systems failure will require intense concentration to find a quick work around and then a complete permanent solution.
- Provide out of hours support to specific services within the Trust as part of an On Call rota as defined by the Directorate on-call arrangements. This involves working under pressure with the highest degree of autonomy
- Actively involved in the ITIL implementation project. Develop ITIL Processes and ensure the IM&T Directorate adheres to the processes and that the Service Desk is not circumvented.
- Develop and deliver specialist technical training courses and userguides/documentation to a large group of staff at conferences, workshops and roadshows etc.
- Carry out other relevant duties when required.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
If you have applied for this role in the last 6 months, please do not apply.
Please refer to attached JD.