Staff Nurse Emergency Department
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
This job is now closed
You will have the opportunity to work in all areas of the department, supported by the Matron and charge nurses, where you can develop your own clinical and management skills as you further your career. Applicants will need to demonstrate a dynamic, hardworking, and passionate approach to delivering high quality patient care. The ability to administer IV drugs is essential. Venipuncture / Cannulation, and ILS are desirable but not essential.
What we offer:
- Work based educational initiatives
- Accredited foundations of emergency nursing course and accredited emergency nursing course
- Flexible working patterns
- Continued professional development
- Capital Nurse QIS course
- Rotations to ITU, paediatrics, ambulatory emergency care and the clinical research team
- Development pathway for career emergency nurses, including Masters' programmes and ENP training.
Main duties of the job
- To provide high quality, effective, individualised care to all patients that is compassionate and caring.
- To assess care needs and develop, implement and evaluate them without supervision.
- To keep up to date with skills and knowledge.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
As part of our continued response to COVID19 we are conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
Covid-19 full vaccination is a condition of employment for this role unless exemption applies. During the recruitment process we will request proof of full vaccination.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share. Please talk to us at interview about flexibility you may need.
The Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy early if we receive 50 applications before the advertised closing date. When the vacancy has closed your application will transfer to Trac Recruitment System.
Please ensure you check your emails regularly throughout the recruitment process.
- Carry out planned care for a group of patients without direct supervision
- Ensure the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence based
- individualised patient care
- Assist and advise staff, both registered and unregistered in the delivery of patient care
- Maintain accurate clinical observations of the patient and act accordingly
- Undertake nursing procedures
- Have responsibility for the correct administration and custody of medicines according to Trust policy
- Monitor patients progress, work towards safe and timely discharge plans and ensure barriers to discharge are identified and acted on appropriately
- Act as the patients advocate
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).