Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse - Endoscopy
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (279)
This job is now closed
** We welcome applications from those who currently hold a UK NMC registration. If you currently hold an overseas nursing qualification and require sponsorship we are not currently direct hiring Internationally Qualified Nurses **
An exciting opportunity to work within a busy JAG accredited 5 roomed Endoscopy unit.
We offer full in-house and external training to progress knowledge and maintain skills within the field of Endoscopy.
The Staff Nurse Endoscopy will have worked as part of the Endoscopy team as a team leader, ensuring an effective Endoscopy services provided within University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust.
The post holder will provide leadership within this area ensuring an effective Endoscopy service with responsibility for standards of care within the respective area.
Main duties of the job
- The post holder will be required to provide a high standard of patient care and service within the Endoscopy Unit across the Trust.
- The post holder is expected to be an effective member of the Endoscopy Team- responsible for assessing, admitting, assisting in procedures, recovery, infusions and discharging of patients.
- The post holder is required to work as part of the Team committed indelivering and improving high standard of Endoscopy Care within the Trust.
Join us atUHSussex, every day is different, you can be the change, better neverstops
AtUHSussexwe're proud to be at the heart of the NHS. As one of theUK's largest acute Trusts, we're a leading example of the excellence, the ambition and the values that have embodied the NHS for over 70 years.
Improving lives:We are a vibrant and inclusive organisation, with hardworking, talented and dedicated individuals, who work together towards a common goal, to always put ourPatient First.Our mission is summed up by our 'where better never stops' motto and no matter the role atUHSussex, you will play a part in driving us forwards and in improving the lives of patients across Sussex.We treat our patients and staff with the same compassion and empathy we expect for ourselves. We're here for them when they need us, and we go above and beyond to meet their needs. This can be seen in ourwellbeing programmefor staff which is extensive and designed to support you when you need itbecausewe know that to look after others we must first look after ourselves.
Build a career with us:As a university trust and a leader in healthcare research, we value learning, teaching and training so that we can be the best that we can be. From the moment you start with us and throughout your career we will help you to grow and develop. We hope that in choosingUHSussexyou are choosing a long and happy career where you will be able to see the difference you make and feel valued for all that youdo.
- Working in All rooms with support and training if required. Including all aspects of role within room.
- Pre-assessment telephone and face to face.
- Discharge area/ Anti coagulation.
- Recoveries both Male and Female
- Infusion with training and support if required.
- Admission (maybe for more than 1 room).
- Undertaking lists in all areas of the Hospital.
- Moving to another area if the needs of the trust require this.
- Working over allotted time if the patient is compromised and cannot be discharged or moved to another area.
Please refer to job description & person specification for full details.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).