Assistant Clinic Manager - Admissions/RTT
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
An exciting permanent role has risen within Moorfields Bedford. We are looking to recruit an Assistant Clinic Manager to work at our site., primarly for our Admissions Dept and RTT Dept
Main duties of the job
You will be an integral member of the administrative team and will provide leadership to the administrative and clerical team for your service. You will work closely with the Clinic Manager and will be responsible for the operational management and the effective delivery of services, ensuring compliance with national waiting time standards. More information can be found on the job description attached.
This post will be subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
During the probationary period, your suitability for continued employment will be assessed and provided a satisfactory standard is achieved and maintained, your employment will be confirmed. The probationary period may be extended or your employment terminated either during or at the end of probation, in line with the trust Probationary Policy. For the duration of the probation period, the notice period will be in line with contractual obligations on either side.
- To set up clinics on PIMs in a timely fashion. Ensure that clinics are all opened or closed accordingly. Setting up of custom clinics. Ensuring that the following years templates are ready to be generated when the time comes, so no time is lost with clinics not being there, or unable to be booked into as they are closed
- Monitoring and managing Admission utilisation and fail-safing.
- To ensure that the Admissions roster is a minimum of 6 weeks being ahead
- To work in conjunction with the relevant Supervisors and Clinic Manager to ensure Admission clinics run smoothly on a day to day basis, handling issues as they arise
- Daily monitoring of clinic profiles to ensure that they are booked to the individual requirements of each service and to take action to ensure that any overbooked clinics are reduced appropriately and that clinical staff and clinic manager is aware of any issues
- To attend via Teams various meetings weekly, daily and monthly and to attend other meetings in the absence of the Clinic Manager being on site.
- To work very closely with the admissions co-ordinators to ensure that pre ops and TCI appointments are booked within the appropriate timescale, ensuring that appointment slots are made available to ensure RTT and Cancer Waiting Time standards are achieved
- To ensure that any complaints or queries are dealt with in a timely fashion and act as the first line of investigation and forwarding responses on to the Clinic Manager
- To ensure that post up appointments are made in a timely manner, ensuring that these appointments are booked on the day where possible before patient leaves clinic
- DNA data weekly
- Cover when and where needed
- To provide cross cover for staff due to sickness or annual leave to ensure consistent and effective service is maintained.
- You will be expected to carry out HR activities, e.g appraisals, Sickness policy, Performance Management policy
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).