Non Medical Prescriber - CMHT
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation Trust
This job is now closed
We have recently introduced the role of B7 NMP into each CMHT and are seeking candidates for these posts. We are also recruiting B7 NMPs which lead the delivery of Clozapine and depot medication administration.
We are also seeking candidates who would like to be supported in a B6 to B7 12-month development post. During the 12 months, candidates would be required to undertake their NMP qualification and then work through a set of clinical and clinical leadership competencies. Successful completion of the qualification and subsequent competencies would mean that the candidate progresses into the Band 7 NMP role.
Candidates undertaking the NMP qualification will have increased study and support time and reduced clinical commitments. The development post is only open to internal Band 6 candidates currently employed in NHFT. External candidates are welcome to apply for the Band 7 NMP post.
The NMP will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation ofcare to service users who present with highly complex needs and may require pharmacological interventions.
As a senior member of the team, the NMP will be required to provide clinical leadership to the team playing a pivotal role in service improvement and development to contribute towards meeting the defined population's needs
Main duties of the job
You will be an existing or aspiring to be Non-Medical Prescriber who is able to demonstrate the abilityto move on to this clinical leadership role.
- Responsible for the assessment of service user care needs which may be highly complex and the development, implementation and evaluation of highly specialised programmes of care which include pharmacological interventions
- Make complex clinical decisions underpinned by advanced levels of theoretical and practical knowledge and impart highly specialised advice.
- Responsible for the delivery of dedicated NMP clinics for the purposes of assessing and reviewing service users who may require pharmacological intervention or whose existing treatment needs reviewed
- To undertake the role of a keyworker for service users whose needs maybe highly complex and where non-medical prescribing will enhance service delivery and improve service user outcomes
- Support the Operations Manager with the management of the referral to treatment pathway
- Provide clinical leadership to the MDT
- Provide clinical supervision for NMPs in junior roles (e.g. Band 6 Mental Health Practitioners)
- Support the Operations Manager in the planning and development of the service
- Undertake the assessor/mentor role and take a lead role in the placement provision and providing a positive learning.
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital and community settings. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools. We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
CMHTs aim to provide planned and effective mental health support and interventions alongside the service user, their loved ones and other services in line with the goals and needs of the service user. CMHTs work with other agencies to look after the health of its local population. Responsibility for this is shared between the CMHT, other organisations, the service user and their loved ones. Staff work in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams where they help one another. CMHTs aim to be recovery focussed and trauma informed. The teams include: Operational Managers, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses , Occupational Therapists, Community Support workers, Peer Support Workers as well as having representation from social care, housing, drug and alcohol services and the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector. The MDT holds overall responsibility for the care provided with each service user having an identified keyworker in the team who is the point of contact for them and their carer.
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).