Wye Valley NHS Trust
This job is now closed
We have an excellent opportunity for a Physiotherapist to join our popular rotation scheme at Wye Valley NHS Trust. This opportunity would suit a new graduate or someone looking for a breadth of NHS physiotherapy experience. We are looking for a motivated and committed physiotherapist wishing to work as part of a passionate and dynamic physiotherapy service.
As a Rotational Physiotherapist you will be given the opportunity to complete five monthly rotations, gaining experience in all core strands of physiotherapy including:-
- Orthopaedics (Trauma and Elective)
- Medical, Surgical and Critical Care
- Acute Stroke
- Community Hospital Inpatients
- MSK Out-patients
- Neighbourhood team community services (including amputee experience)
- Community Paediatrics
- Discharge to Assess
- Community Stroke Team
The service is committed to providing high quality evidence based practice and benefits from an experienced and committed team of Physiotherapists, who will support and encourage your development through a variety of CPD opportunities.
As a rotational physiotherapist you will benefit from an excellent training programme including preceptorship, structured mentorship and tailor made local in-service training.
Rotational physiotherapist's are supported to complete robust respiratory and orthopaedic competencies prior to joining the on-call rota's.
Main duties of the job
- To participate in the rotational physiotherapy scheme, this involves working across both the Acute Hospital and Community Services in a range of ward settings, outpatient physiotherapy departments and the community.
- To be responsible for own patient caseload within a clinical area, demonstrating clinical autonomy.
- Supervision is clear and direct from senior physiotherapy staff and includes formal training, supervised sessions, advice and support.
- Each clinical area has a senior physiotherapist who will be available in an advisory capacity and will help you to manage your daily physiotherapy activities.
Wye Valley NHS Trust is a member of an NHS Foundation Group with South Warwickshire NHS FT , the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust and Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
Located on the border with Wales in the shadow of the Black Mountains, we provide acute and community services across Herefordshire and into parts of Powys and run Hereford County Hospital and the community hospitals in Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
Worcestershire is our neighbouring county. The post holder will be required to travel between sites.
We are a progressive and forward looking trust with ambitious plans to improve quality and integrate patient pathways through close collaborative working with our partners to deliver the quality of care we'd want for our family and friends.
More than 3,500 people work for the Trust - they tell us it's a great place to work, blending the busyness of a DGH with the benefits of working in a beautiful rural and unspoilt county like Herefordshire.
We can offer a great work-life balance and have a fine tradition of working with staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Russell Hardy, Trust Chairman: "The strength of the Trust is its amazing staff; a great place to work, a great place to develop your career and a great place to reach your potential."
Our values -Care, Accountability, Respect and Excellence - are at the heart of all we do. We believe in providing the right care in the right place at the right time...all the time.
To view role requirements and role responsibilities in full, please view supporting documents linked to this vacancy.
Education & Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).