Full time/Part time Consultant Radiologists (Interventional)
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Consultant Radiologists are required at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust for a busy and expanding Department. Three posts are available for General Radiologists - desirable special interests are Paediatric Imaging, Head and Neck Imaging, Neuro and Urology imaging.
The posts will include sessions at the two main hospital sites within an overall flexible group job planning format, with an agreed overall sessional make up as described below. Any potential candidate who wishes to be considered for a part-time or flexible working arrangement is also welcome to apply.
Main duties of the job
- Duties will include the reporting of the general radiographic examinations carried out within the main sites, as well as in the various community hospital locations in Shropshire
- You will be expected to work flexibly according to changes in work patterns and requirements and will be required to participate in the general on-call rota (1:19 cross county on call). Prospective cover of annual and study leave is in place
- You will also be expected to be involved in the organisation and administration of the Radiology Department and teaching of other clinical staff including participation in regular clinico-radiological meetings with other Consultants. You will be involved in the training of junior Radiology staff.
- To develop enhanced clinical skills, especially in the assessment and management of acutely ill patients.
- To have excellent team-working skills with the abilities and professional attitude to work well in a multi-professional team.
- To deliver clinical and quality targets agreed both nationally and locally with clinical teams and commissioners.
- To follow patients throughout their clinical pathways
Our Hospitals are located in Shrewsbury and Telford and are brimming with exemplary teams of hardworking individuals.
Shropshire is a beautiful county ideally located between the north and the south, making travelling around the UK extremely easy. As well as being only a short distance from major cities and busy transport links including Birmingham airport, our county also borders with beautiful north Wales which is abundant in outdoor activities, brilliant beaches, and thrilling scenery.
Shrewsbury has recently been named in the 'Sunday Times Best Places to Live Guide' as one of the top places to live in the country. It is a wonderful bustling place, with affordable housing, fantastic schools and great out-of-work activities for everyone.
A formal job plan will be agreed between the successful candidate and their Clinical Director and consultant colleagues, on behalf of the Medical Director within 3 months of starting in post. A full-time job plan is based on a 10 PA working week. The job plan will be reviewed annually and is a prospective agreement that sets out the consultant's duties, responsibilities, and objectives for the coming year. It covers all aspects of a consultants professional practice including clinical work, teaching, research, education and managerial responsibilities. It will provide a clear schedule of commitments, both internal and external and will include personal objectives, detailing links to wider service improvements and trust strategic priorities.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab).