Urgent Response Administration Support
Solent NHS Trust
This job is now closed
We are looking for an Administration Assistant to join our fast-paced Urgent Response Team in Southampton to provide comprehensive administrative support to our Teams.
You will be part of the wider administration team who facilitate the effective day to day running of the administration team, this includes the provision of administration cover across 7 days between the hours of 8.00am and 6pm. This will include working with our Urgent Response Service in the Emergency Department based at University Hospital Southampton.
It is essential that you have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. You will be proficient in the use of a wide range of IT packages and have experience of taking and receiving information over the telephone.
Solent NHS Trust supports flexible working and is passionate about staff work life balance. We would consider flexible working patterns and have the necessary technology to support you to achieve this balance. We are a supportive team and have a positive approach to problem solving.
Main duties of the job
- Use & accurately populate the electronic record system (Systm One) with information to include referrals, scanning & uploading information from other services in a timely manner etc., taking responsibility for the quality of the data & taking note of the Health Records Standards & Procedures & Record Keeping Policy
- Follow agreed processes for dealing with emails on Outlook and nhs.net, on a regular basis prioritising urgency & importance, signposting/dealing with queries (often sensitive) regarding issues arising
- Provide support to training events e.g. away days, skill slots etc. involving the coordination of diaries, venue & hospitality booking as appropriate
- Monitor & order stationery/leaflets, clinical & general supplies & place order request when necessary
- Attend & participate in team/other meetings, ensuring any actions are completed by the required date & take minutes if requested
- Provide cover & support during times of absence for the core functioning of the admin team
- Offer guidance & training of Band 2 or new staff as required
- Maintain current office policies & procedures, be actively involved in their development
- Undertake limited supervision of Band 2 or new staff in absence of the Admin Supervisor & Admin Manager
- Provide admin support to the Admin Supervisor to set up & review administration systems/processes as deemed appropriate
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you're looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
To deliver the best value for money
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation -- guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community: Honesty, Everyone counts, Accountable, Respectful, Teamwork.
We are an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
We encourage and support our staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19.
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*