Bank Administration Assistant
Solent NHS Trust
This job is now closed
We currently have exciting opportunities for administrators to join our Bank Staffing Service for Solent NHS Trust, provider of community health services within Southampton, Portsmouth and surrounding areas.
We require Administration and Clerical Assistants to work on wards and services within our community units at various locations across Southampton and Portsmouth
You will work as part of the Team, providing admin and clerical support, contributing to the smooth running of the administration service. You will work using their own initiative to work on specified tasks and obtain support and advice from the Business Administrator when required.
Being a member of our Bank Staffing Service you may be asked to cover holidays, short and long term sickness cover, maternity cover and ad hoc work/projects as required. The length of these assignments will be a minimum of 1 week and no longer than 12 weeks without prior confirmation in the first instance.
You will participate in a variety of administration duties. This could include: word processing, data entry, copy typing, audio typing, medical secretaries, taking minutes of meetings, diary management, organizing meetings, filing, post, making routine appointments, photocopying, using variety of systems, answering telephone queries and taking messages as appropriate. Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages is essential as you may be asked to produce reports, letters, statistics and use databases and spreadsheets.
Main duties of the job
- Word processing of correspondence eg. letters, reports, forms, tables, agendas, minutes & presentation material using appropriate I.T. packages
- To send letters & compose routine basic letters within sphere of responsibility.
- To use Trust email & intranet systems as required
- Answer daily enquiries made over the phone & in person, taking accurate messages. Ensuring messages are prioritised & passed on to the most appropriate person
- To ensure that post is collected & distributed in accordance with local team agreement
- Liaise with others on matters agreed within sphere of responsibility. On occasions may have to exchange confidential & sensitive information to team members
- To maintain high standards of customer service by responding in a helpful & friendly manner to all interactions with colleagues, service users & other professionals
- Carry out routine daily admin processes & which may involve retrieving information from electronic systems or from manual filing systems in accordance with Trust policies & procedures
- Request & maintain levels of office stationery
- Deal with maintenance requisitions, maintain the necessary paperwork & coordinate the ordering/delivery of supplies for the team when requested, seeking authorised signatory
- Provide cover for absence & annual leave of other administrative staff if specified to do so by the Business Administrator.
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you're looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
To deliver the best value for money
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation -- guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community: Honesty, Everyone counts, Accountable, Respectful, Teamwork.
We are an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
We encourage and support our staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19.
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*