AHP - Complex and Continuing Health Care Team
Solent NHS Trust
This job is now closed
Are you a qualified AHP, striving for excellent, person centred care and support? Due to an increase in demand we are looking for clinicians to join our 'Outstanding' team
An opportunity has arisen within our Complex Health Team, within Portsmouth's Integrated Learning Disability Service (ILDS) hosted by Portsmouth City Council. We are a supportive multi disciplinary team, ensuring regular supervision and support. We have been rated as 'Outstanding' in the last 2 CQC inspections.
You will work as a member of the multi-disciplinary specialist health care team, within the integrated learning disability service. Your role will be focused on people with slighter higher and more complex healthcare needs, funded by Continuing Healthcare or being assessed for Continuing Healthcare funding (CHC).
The role will be varied, working with service users, family, and carers that you will establish and maintain positive professional relationships with.
You'll provide person centred assessments and interventions for adults with Learning Disabilities who have associated complex health needs in partnership with other agencies and carers. You should possess strong interpersonal, communication and literacy skills, demonstrating an ability to work with a range of professionals, agencies and carers, and manage your own caseload.
If you want to join a trust rated 'excellent' for care and be part of our dynamic nursing team then we would love to hear from you.
We routinely involve service users in our interviews.
Main duties of the job
- We are looking for candidates who hold a professional registration with the HCPC.
- For this post, you will need to hold a full UK driving licence and have access to the use of a car.
- To meet the needs of patients and their families to achieve improved health outcomes and promote health and wellbeing while demonstrating care, compassion, competence, communication, courage, and commitment. Care is based on comprehensive assessment, ensures continuity and is patient/client centred, culturally sensitive and evidence-based and which promotes independence.
- To develop and maintain a culture of service improvement which promotes quality and safety and striving to do better.
- This is in line with the requirements set out in the NMC code which require all registered nurses to: Prioritise people; Practice effectively; Preserve safety; Promote professionalism and trust.
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you're looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
To deliver the best value for money
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation -- guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community: Honesty, Everyone counts, Accountable, Respectful, Teamwork.
We are an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
We encourage and support our staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19.
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).