St Barnabas Hospice
This job is now closed
We have opportunities for a Staff Nurse to work as part of the team covering Lincoln and Gainsborough and surrounding areas.
The role includes the provision of specialist palliative care as part of a multi-disciplinary team, supporting patients with complex symptom management needs and working with the team in delivering a high standard of holistic end of life care.
You will be responsible for and supported to provide, high quality palliative care in the community setting, supporting patients who have complex symptom control issues including the provision of emotional and psychological support to patients and their families. You will deliver hands on nursing care to patients working in a small team of highly skilled nurses.
£28,294, band S1, plus weekend unsocial hours enhancement of 30%
For assistance with your application contact:
To be confirmed.
- Please ensure you have the right to work within the UK in place before applying for a role with us as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
- St Barnabas Hospice is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- We reserve the right to extend, withdraw or close vacancies where necessary.
- If you are selected for interview, you will be contacted via the email account used to register. Please check your spam folder.
Main duties of the job
Qualifications and Experience:
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Current First Level registration with the NMC
- The ability to perform the role with empathy and consideration for the needs of patients and their families.
- The ability to adapt effectively to varying levels of demand as driven by patient needs or as directed by the line manager.
- Access to independent transport to visit patients in their own homes (as required by the role and a willingness to work in other areas of the Trust on occasions are essential
We are St Barnabas Hospice!
Lincolnshire's Leading provider of palliative, end-of-life nursing care to adults living with a life-limiting or terminal illness. Ranking in the top 100 best companies to work for in the UK.
What's Our Vision?
A world where dying with dignity, compassion and having choices is a fundamental part of life.
Were on a Mission!
To ensure all individuals facing the end of their life in Lincolnshire receive dignified, compassionate care when they require it and where they ask for it.
Benefits available to qualifying new employees:
- Option to Buy / Sell up to 1 weeks annual leave per year.
- Flexible working, including Hybrid working options, where suitable.
- Clinical Professional Fees paid for by us, for contracted employees. (NMC, AHP, GMC)
- Competitive options on our lease car scheme.
- Option 1 - Continuation of NHS pension. (If applicable)
- Option 2 Sign up to our generous contributory Pension Scheme, 7% of your monthly salary paid, together with a 3.5% personal contribution by you. (With the option to increase your contributions to be double matched by the Trust, up to a limit of 9%)
** For full details of the job description and person specification for this role please refer to the attached job description **
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).