Welfare and Benefits Adviser
St Barnabas Hospice
This job is now closed
The St Barnabas Wellbeing Service provides a range of support to patients, families, carers, and bereaved clients across Lincolnshire. Our services include Spiritual Care, Welfare & Benefits, Counselling & Emotional Support and Bereavement Care.
We have a vacancy for a Welfare & Benefits Adviser to work as part of the Welfare & Benefits Team across Lincolnshire.
You will need to provide expert benefits advice through multi channels (telephone, face to face or written) with the highly specialist approach required for delivering advice to people living with a life limiting illnesses, where there are significant barriers to understanding.
The Welfare & Benefits team provide an essential service to patients living with a life limiting illnesses and their families/carers.
Your duties will include identifying any appropriate benefits and helping apply/access benefits and complete applications on a patients/familys behalf.
You will need to be organised and efficient, confident, and able to manage a varied and busy caseload. You will work closely with the rest of the Welfare & Benefit Advisers to support patients across the whole of Lincolnshire.
Home visits/Base Visits & travel is required on an Ad/Hoc basis so transport is essential for this role.
Main duties of the job
Qualifications and Experience:
Applications are welcome from candidates with benefit knowledge or equivalent experience. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to prioritise and manage caseloads and work in a busy environment and work as an integral team member. You will need excellent communication skills and previous or current benefits knowledge or experience is desirable.
Hours: 30 (Monday to Friday). Flexible working hours/days to be discussed at interview.
Base:Hybrid (home-based with our Grantham base used as your commuting base. Various home and base visits required as part of this role as required by the service).
Starting Salary: £24,794 per annum, pro rata, plus weekend unsocial hours enhancement of 30% and contributory pension scheme or continuation of NHS pension.
Interview Date: To be confirmed.
For further details please contact:
Chloe Pearson, Welfare & Benefits Manager email@example.com / 07917 213058
For assistance with your application contact:
- To be considered for our roles, applicants must already hold the right to work in the UK as we are unable to offer sponsorship.
- St Barnabas Hospice is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe in treating everyone with dignity and respect and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- We reserve the right to extend, withdraw or close vacancies where necessary.
- Please be aware - If you are selected for interview, you will be contacted via the email account used to register. Please check your spam folder.
We are St Barnabas Hospice!
Lincolnshire's Leading provider of palliative, end-of-life nursing care to adults living with a life-limiting or terminal illness. Ranking in the top 100 best companies to work for in the UK.
What's Our Vision?
A world where dying with dignity, compassion and having choices is a fundamental part of life.
We're on a Mission!
To ensure all individuals facing the end of their life in Lincolnshire receive dignified, compassionate care when they require it and where they ask for it.
Benefits available to qualifying new employees:
- Please see the separate employees benefit document to see what is on offer.
- Option 1 - Continuation of NHS pension. (If applicable)
- Option 2 Sign up to our generous contributory Pension Scheme, 7% of your monthly salary paid, together with a 3.5% personal contribution by you. (With the option to increase your contributions to be double matched by the Trust, up to a limit of 9%)
** For details of the job description and personal specification please refer to the separate Job Description document **