Manor House Surgery
This job is now closed
Manor house surgery would like to offer a unique opportunity to an experience dispensary assistant to work alongside our GP's. The candidate will experience dispensary tasks, patient contact and liaise directly with the doctors to provide the best patient care.
We have a friendly team experienced in training who are ready to welcome you onboard.
The position is for 25 hours per week, with flexibility required to support our opening hours, 8-630pm Monday to Friday.
Main duties of the job
Assist in the preparation, dispensing and sale of prescriptions and assist with stock control, ordering and re-stocking of the dispensary.
Thank you for considering our practice on the search for your next role. We are a small, friendly surgery, with lots to offer.
Our clinical team of 3 partners, 1 salaried GP, 2 nurses and 1 HCA are supported by our knowledgeable Reception and Dispensary teams. We also provide areas for patients to be seen by mental health facilitators, midwives and specialist nurses. We also have staff which are supported by North West Leicestershire PCN. We support hybrid working, and have some staff working from home.
In the latest National Patient Survey, the practice was rated 2nd in Leicestershire, our patients are very appreciative of the hard work staff undertake and the comforting, safe environment we have. We have a can-do work ethic, and try to approach projects and everyday items in a positive manner.
We strive to provide development opportunities for staff, to enable you to pursue areas of interest and to offer our patients a high quality service.
We are situated in a rural part of North West Leicestershire, with good links to A42/M42 and M1. Whilst here we have ample parking with some on-site and other spaces a short walk away.
We have food and drink making facilities for those who prefer to stay on-site, or there is a local shop a few minutes away.
The village is beautiful for a lunchtime stroll and as an 'Active Practice' we encourage all staff to make the most of time away from the desk.
We are open for any candidates to come and view the surgery before interview with a booking.
Issuing stock items and prepared prescriptions
Collection of prescription charges/checking patient exemption statements
Ensuring that drugs are received and stored in an appropriate manner in accordance with the manufacturers instructions
Ensuring that refrigerated items are stored at the appropriate temperature and maintaining the temperature control record/logbook
Cleaning work surfaces and shelving on a regular basis and ensuring that that all dispensary equipment is kept clean and kept in good working order.
Undertaking other reasonable duties within the framework of the post as directed by the Practice Manager or GPs.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
Health & Safety:
The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy, to include:
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Reporting potential risks identified.
Equality and Diversity:
The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues, to include:
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of peoples rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the Practice as part of this employment, including studying for NVQ2. Other training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work.
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the teams performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patients needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize peoples needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:
The post-holder will:
- Apply Practice policies, standards and guidance
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
- Participate in audit where appropriate.