First Contact MSK Practitioner
Priory Medical Group
The closing date is 31 January 2024
First Contact Practitioner (MSK) with option to work flexibly to juggle other commitments
Do you have a range of Physiotherapy experience but a passion for MSK? Are you looking for flexible ways of working that can help you juggle with commitments outside of work?
Are you working at Advanced Level or looking for the opportunity to take the next step?
Are you looking to work in a supportive team environment?
We can offer a busy and interesting caseload with support from an MSK Roadmap supervisor and a team of GP's/ Advanced Practitioners.
Our forward-thinking practice with an established First Contact MSK team could be just the right exciting opportunity for you.
Main duties of the job
Our Priory Care Access model utilises an AI tool to ensure our patients can access our integrated First Contact MSK service in a variety of ways and supports the triaging of patients.
The role of a Priory Medical Group MSK Practitioner involves:
- the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients with joint and muscle pain
- the opportunity to develop independent prescribing certification
- the opportunity to develop steroid injection skills
Priory Medical Group (PMG) provides a broad range of NHS and private clinical services covering the whole of the City of York and the surrounding area. 9 surgery sites but the benefit of being one co-ordinated and supportive PCN.
All our surgeries offer GP and Nurse led routine and urgent appointments throughout the week.
PMG was founded in 1946 and has since grown to become one of the largest GP Groups in the UK. Despite our size our core values are to maintain the Family Doctor ethos.
PMG is also a Training Practice and has strong links with the Hull York Medical School and Yorkshire and Humber Deanery. Our doctors train and educate many new doctors each year.
We offer travel advice and vaccines both with a PMG nurse (NHS vaccines) and also in partnership with MASTA (private vaccines). All our clinics are manned by fully trained and experienced staff who provide the latest travel health information.
We also offer a range of occupational health services including private medical examinations.
- Experience of triage, delivering excellent assessment and management plans for a diverse case load
- Experience working with a range of problems, both acute and chronic
- Ability to weigh up and support individuals with complex multiple factors relating to lifestyle and physical and emotional health
- A good working knowledge of imaging, investigations and blood tests
- A good working knowledge of accessible community services
- Are reflective, self-critical and seeking to practice an evidence-based approach
- Open to constantly improving care processes
- Comfortable with information technology
- Management of time and your clinic
- Interested in setting a new standard in primary care and being part of a change movement
- NHS Experience (desirable, not essential)
- Competent in Injection Therapy (desirable, not essential)
- Competent in Independent Prescribing (desirable, not essential)