Jubilee Street Practice
This job is now closed
Provide nursing services to patients of the practice, including treatment, screening, health promotion and advice within the professional competence of the post holder. (Extra training will be provided before new duties are undertaken). The post holder will work in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
Lead on the development of comprehensive practice nursing services for a defined practice population in collaboration with GP colleagues and the practice team.
Develop the practice as a gold standard educational environment.
Work independently without direct supervision.
Main duties of the job
Provide nursing treatments to patients in participation with general practitioners or independently to agreed protocols, to include: cervical screening, wound care, urine tests, ear care and advice, health checks, childhood, travel and routine adult immunisations and advice following locally agreed Patient Group Directions (PGDs) within the surgery, and where appropriate in patient homes or in the community.
Provide general and specific health screening/promotion to the practice population (within agreed protocols) with referral to general practitioners as necessary.
Advise patients on general health care and minor ailments with referral to a general practitioner as necessary.
Demonstrate and teach patients, as appropriate, principles of care and procedures, working towards their independence and self-care.
Maintain supplies and equipment used.
Maintain accurate patient records and statistics
Administer drugs and vaccines by any route, according to NMC, NHSE and Practice policies and guidelines.
- We are a GMS Practice based in Tower Hamlets, with a list size of 15,000 patients.
- We are committed to working with the local community via our JSP Wellbeing Project (including exercise classes, social hubs and gardening outside the practice).
- Our fantastic team spirit and togetherness as a whole practice team, as well as mutual trust, are our greatest assets. We enjoy our company and relationships along the way. We are committed to teaching medical students, nursing students, GP Trainees, pre-registration pharmacists and other AHPs, and feel that sharing our experience with enthusiastic learners keeps us fresh and on our toes.
- At our last CQC inspection, Jubilee Street Practice was rated as Outstanding.
- We work collaboratively with our local practices as part of the Tower Network PCN, which has driven huge improvements in outcomes in long-term conditions and delivered Enhanced Services offering increased continuity of care. This also allows us to tap into an external staff bank for extra clinical and administrative support when needed.
- We are part of the GP Care Group federation, a Community Interest Company which aims to maximize scope and opportunity for joint business and quality ventures within general practice.
- Clinicians are provided a daily working lunch.
Provide assessment, health promotion/screening and treatment services which are relevant to patients and their families.
Participate in the administrative and professional responsibilities of the practice team.
Be responsible for the management of the practice nursing services and resources when Nurse Team Leader is absent. This includes the ordering, and maintenance of equipment/instruments/disposables, as well as the correct storage of vaccinations (maintaining cold chain), drugs and all clinical stock used in the practice. To ensure that controls assurance standards for medical devices are implemented.
Assist in the formulation of practice philosophy, strategy and policy by attending Protected Learning Time (PLTs), Multi Disciplinary Team meetings (MDTs) and quality improvement meetings and strategies.
Participate in the provision of general practitioner services.
Participate in research within the practice.
Participate in education and training of students of all disciplines within the practice.
Liaise with Health Authority Staff in hospital and community, social services staff and voluntary organisations, to provide an adequate service to patients.
Maintain professional development by attending courses and study days as arranged with the general practitioners and colleagues.
Ensure NHSE policies and procedures are understood and followed.
Support minor surgery clinics including coil fittings.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).