New Horizons Medical Partnership
The closing date is 08 October 2023
Are you an experienced HR Manager looking to join a friendly team with a supportive culture? If so, we have an exciting opportunity as we are seeking to recruit a Human Resource Manager to join our Management Team.
The successful candidate will have proven knowledge and practical hands-on experience in senior HR management roles and be able to demonstrate up to date knowledge of UK employment law, as well as strong interviewing and selection skills.
We are offering this post as a part time vacancy, working 27 hours per week, across a minimum of three week days, one of which is to be a Friday.
Main duties of the job
You will be required to manage the performance and direction of the HR function, ensuring HR systems and policies are in place to comply with employment law. You will work directly with the Managing Partner, GP Partners and Managers on areas of human resource to meet the needs of the business now and in the future.
The role will be varied, including supporting current Managers with all aspects of HR recruitment, performance management and leave/sickness absence processes. You will ensure the Partnership team are kept fully updated on changes in employment legislation and the implications of those changes for the business.
The role will require an ability to build and develop strong working relationships across all levels within our organisation and be experienced in influencing and engaging with Partnership and Primary Care Network (PCN) staff at a senior level.
In additional to formulating plans for practice team events, you will be responsible for developing and implementing staff welfare policies.
All duties should be carried out in a professional manner, adhering to all New Horizons Medical Partnership practice protocols, policies and guidelines at all times.
We are a two-site partnership with a practice population serving circa 24,000 patients. This is a new role, and the successful applicant must be prepared to work at either of our two surgery sites, Totton Health Centre or Forest Gate Surgery, both based in Totton, Southampton.
We are a long standing 11 Partner practice with around 100 employed team members and an additional 25 to 30 colleagues from Totton Primary Care Network (PCN) and other agencies who work with us.
The post-holder will be expected to:
- Be a point of contact for the New Horizons Medical Partnership Management Team members to seek further advice on complex matters
- Work with managers and partners to develop and deliver HR strategies
- Manage HR team members in respect of all recruitment duties
- Develop career pathways for employees within the business
- Lead succession planning
- Ensure all HR tasks are GDPR compliant and resolve issues arising
- Ensure that all Information Governance and Data Management legislation relating to staff are met
- Liaise with the Managing Partner over necessary changes to the Employee and Applicants Privacy Notice
- Guide managers through disciplinary and grievances procedures
- Manage the New Horizons Medical Partnership Annual Appraisal process
- Create and maintain staff policies, protocols and staff handbook
- Research and make contractual changes which may involve staff consultations
- Undertake staff surveys or audits necessary to own work and HR strategies
- Deliver core HR advice on a range of subjects; workforce, equal opportunities, terms & conditions
- Lead employee relations; arrange and chair all practice team meetings, manage communications such as staff newsletter, employee voice group, engagement, posters etc.
- Analyse data for workforce planning, turnover, labour market etc.
- Manage staff absence
- Support line managers with performance management and appraisals and associated documents
- Work with all Partners to create and develop wellbeing initiatives; events etc.
- Liaise with Practice GP trainers and the Deanery to ensure efficient and professional management of the trainee doctors on placement with the practice
- Maximise use of software to streamline HR activities including staff check in systems
- Have Responsibility for Wellbeing and Staff Development budgets
- Liaise with counterparts in the Primary Care Network where necessary to achieve common objectives
- If required, provide advice and assistance in HR Manager function to the Totton PCN team
- Adopt and disseminate the New Horizons Medical Partnership values in all areas of work