Practice Nurse (18 hours)
This job is now closed
We have an exciting opportunity for a skilled part time Practice Nurse to join our experienced team at Honley Surgery. If you have experience with working within primary Care as a Practice Nurse and are qualified and confident in seeing patients for immunisations, cytology and chronic disease management, this opportunity could be perfect for you.
Main duties of the job
- Identify, manage, and support patients at risk of developing long-term conditions, preventing adverse effects on the patients health
- Provide routine nursing care to patients as required in accordance with clinical based evidence, NICE and the NSF
- Provide vaccination and travel medicine services
- Provide wound care to patients
- Request pathology services as necessary
- Process pathology results as required
- Provide chronic disease clinics, delivering patient care as necessary, referring patients to secondary / specialist care as required
- Maintain accurate clinical records in conjunction with legislation
- Provide cervical screening and maintain smear results log
Honley Surgery is a friendly and innovative semi-rural practice located 4 miles from Huddersfield town. We pride ourselves on working actively as a practice team to achieve positive outcomes for our patients and locality along with working collaboratively with our Primary Care Network.
- 3 Partners, 2 Salaried GPs and 3 ANPs
- 8000 patient practice
- Training and mentoring FY2 and Medical Students
- EMIS Web system
- High QOF achievement
- Overall CQC rating of good, with outstanding in some areas
- Open and honest work ethos with a commitment to personal development
To provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care for patients as well as providing nursing assistance to the doctors and other members of the primary healthcare team.
Ensure effective relationships and communications with the primary care health team and other agencies. Project a positive, professional, friendly and courteous image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
The duties will include all tasks related to patient care undertaken by an experienced RGN and in addition any roles agreed between the nurse and doctors as appropriate, having regard to current training.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).