PCN Nursing Associate
This job is now closed
The Valleys Primary Care Network (PCN) are recruiting a qualified Nursing Associate. We are looking to expand our team where the post holder will be based at Honley Surgery and be an important part of our multi-disciplinary team (MDT).
The Nursing Associate will work within our team under direct and indirect supervision of our registered nurses to contribute in delivering high quality compassionate care to our patients.
Main duties of the job
The Nursing Associate will perform specific clinical and care tasks with a focus of promoting good health and wellbeing.
The post holder will use their knowledge and skills to promote and provide information to prevent ill health.The post holder will also provide high quality holistic and person centred care to our patients.
The Valleys Primary Care Network is a group of six practices who work together to provide services that are tailored to the needs of our patient community accross Holme Valley and Colne Valley.
The six GP practices are; Honley Surgery, Meltham Group Practice, Elmwood Family Doctors, Colne Valley Group Practice, Oaklands Health Centre and Slaithwaite Health Centre.
- The Nursing Associate will provide routine care to patients as required in accordance with clinical based evidence, NICE and the NSF guidance.
- Basic observations - blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respirations
- Undertake long term condition annual reviews - diabetic, hypertension, cardiovascular and CKD reviews
- Immunisations such as Flu, Covid & B12
- Provide wound care and dressings.
- Promote health and wellbeing to all patients for example undertaking NHS health check.
- Support during minor operations
- Provide care for individuals with demantia, mental health conditions and learning disabilities.
- Support registered nurses to enable them to be able to focus on the more complex clinical care
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).