Coleridge Medical Centre
This job is now closed
Coleridge Medical Centre is seeking a dynamic Clinical Administrator to join our friendly practice for 37 hours a week on a 12 month maternity contract. The successful candidate will provide support to both the clinical and administration teams to ensure a robust and efficient system in managing patient care.
Start date: April 2024 (TBC)
**Please note, Coleridge Medical Centre reserves the right to close this job listing earlier than the closing date if there are sufficient applications.**
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for the summarising and read coding of information into the patient's electronic healthcare records on the practice's clinical system.
When completing your application, please give examples to support any statements made about how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
At Coleridge Medical Centre, we look after approximately 16,000 patients.We strive to fulfil the practice values of APPROACHABILITY, TEAMWORK, COMMUNICATION and RESPECT in all aspects of the practice, both with our patients and ourselves.
When working at Coleridge Medical Centre, all staff are offered a generous annual leave allowance, inclusion in the NHS pension scheme, and various wellbeing throughout the year. These wellbeing initiatives include:
- staff social events, including our annual summer and winter parties
- weekly fruit box
- outside seating area for break times
- a group run by staff, dedicated to staff wellbeing, education, and training
- a member of staff overseeing staff wellbeing and trained in Mental Health First Aid
- one-to-one wellbeing conversations
- annual staff wellbeing survey
- regular sweet treats baked by our team
The following are the core responsibilities of the Clinical Administrator. There may be, on occasion, a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Reviewing records and accurately producing a summary and/or problem list of the patients medical history.
- Accurately read-coding data on SystmOne into the patient record.
- Reviewing and process GP2GP transfers and integrate within SystmOne.
- Reviewing progress of summarising, ensuring practice targets are achieved.
- Supporting the practice with administrative tasks to meet Quality Outcome Framework (QOF) and Enhanced Services targets.
- Identifying relevant clinical information documented in patient correspondence, coding appropriately and completing any detailed actions.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Undertaking other work as directed in connection with data collection and read coding.
- Undertaking background work for the completion of medical reports.
- Word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning.
- Initiating contact with and respond to requests from patients, other team members and associated agencies and providers.
- Ensuring accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patient's notes on the clinical computer system as appropriate.
- Ensuring accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with patient health care and registration with the practice.
- Ensuring collection and maintenance of statistical information required for regular and ad hoc reports.
- Inputting data into the patients healthcare records as necessary
- Complying with infection control procedures and policies
- Maintaining a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
- Reviewing and updating admin policies, as required, in conjunction with the Assistant Practice Manager.
- Participating in audits as directed.
- Complying with practice protocols and policies.
- Attending and participating in practice meetings as required.
- Assisting in the formulation or practice philosophy, strategy and policy and developing appropriate protocols.
- Participating in the legal, regulatory, administrative, and professional responsibilities of the practice team.