Medical Administrator (part-time)
Coleridge Medical Centre
This job is now closed
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive GP practice?
We are looking for a candidate who has excellent communication skills, a compassionate and friendly nature, together with the ability to work in a demanding environment and an enthusiasm for providing a great service.
This role is part-time for 29 hours per week.
The shift pattern for this vacancy is:
- Monday: 8.00 - 14.00
- Tuesday 8.30 - 17.00
- Thursday 8.30 - 17.00
- Friday: 9.00 - 18.00
**Please note, Coleridge Medical Centre reserves the right to close this job listing earlier than the closing date if there are sufficient applications.**
Main duties of the job
The right candidate will deliver a high standard of service to all patients, visitors, and colleagues in accessing the appropriate services in a professional, efficient and effective way over the telephone, face to face and via other communication channels.
Our Medical Administrators carry out a full range of administrative duties associated with a modern GP practice, including shared participation in our weekend rota.
At Coleridge Medical Centre, we look after approximately 16,500 patients.
We strive to fulfil Coleridge Medical Centre's values of APPROACHABILITY, TEAMWORK, COMMUNICATION and RESPECT in all aspects of the practice, both with our patients and ourselves.
When working at Coleridge Medical Centre, all staff are offered a generous annual leave allowance of 6.6 weeks including bank holidays, inclusion in the NHS pension scheme, and various wellbeing initiatives throughout the year. These initiatives include:
- a group run by staff, dedicated to staff wellbeing, education, and training
- a member of staff overseeing staff wellbeing
- offer of one-to-one wellbeing conversations
- weekly fruit box
- an outside seating area for break times
- staff social events
We are incredibly fortunate to work with some very talented bakers, which means there is often cake or other sweet treats to enjoy on our tea breaks.
The following are the core responsibilities of the Medical Administrator. There may be on occasion a requirement to carry out other tasks; this will be dependent upon factors such as workload and staffing levels:
- Work effectively as a member of the administration team, contributing to the efficient workflow of the practice reception area, and the general smooth running of the practice.
- Offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Deliver a high standard of service to all patients, visitors, and colleagues in accessing the appropriate services in a professional, efficient and effective way.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients and colleagues.
- Receive and assist patients and direct them to the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient, and effective way.
- Open and lock up practice premises and maintain security in accordance with practice protocols.
- Maintain and monitor practice appointment systems.
- Process requests for appointments, visits, and telephone consultations.
- Promptly and professionally resolve any general patient enquiries, comments and issues and escalate appropriately when assistance is required.
- Process and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Record and accurately relay messages and information.
- File and retrieve written and electronic information so that it is easily accessible, accurate and secure.
- Process repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Word/data processing, filing, photocopying, and scanning.
- Keep work and common areas tidy and free from obstruction and clutter.
- Comply with infection control procedures and policies which, from time to time, will include assisting with clear up following the illness of a patient.
- Participate in the legal, regulatory, administrative, and professional responsibilities of the practice team.
- Ensure accurate notes of all consultations and treatments are recorded in the patients notes on the clinical computer system as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with patient health care and registration with the practice.
- Ensure collection and maintenance of statistical information required for regular and ad hoc reports.
- Attend and participate in practice meetings as required.
- Assist in the formulation of practice philosophy, strategy and policy and develop appropriate protocols.
- Co-operate and participate as required in any research projects within the practice.
- Participate in the education and training of students of all disciplines and the induction of personnel working and visiting the practice.