PCN Finance Manager
This job is now closed
Norwich Primary Care Network (PCN) would like to recruit a forward thinking and enthusiastic Finance Manager to support the allocation of finances including production of detailed financial breakdowns and statistics across all PCN funding streams. This role will involve reporting on population health data including analysis of healthcare inequalities and social care goals to ensure the PCN meets set targets.
The post holder will work within the PCN senior leadership team producing high quality business reports and new business cases for future development plans.
This role will require close work within the PCN team as well as with the finance department at OneNorwich Practices, with Practice Managers and across departments setting targets within the NHS.
The post will predominantly involve working from the offices at OneNorwich Practices however a hybrid model could be considered.
Main duties of the job
A meticulous eye for detail and ability to confidently analyse data and financial information Proven experience of manipulating data within a target driven environment Skilled in producing transparent financial reports and building of business cases Good working knowledge of SystmOne would be beneficial but initial training will be provided High level of proficiency in Excel using this to write clear and understandable reports to support decision making Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to clearly articulate complex information both verbally and in writing Experience in dealing with contracts
OneNorwich Practices is a forward-thinking organisation supporting 22 General Practices across the Norwich Primary Care Network (PCN), working to provide outstanding standards of healthcare for the population of Norwich by improving and transforming the way we work. Our mission is to lead integrated health and care.
OneNorwich Practices is passionate about getting the job done efficiently and professionally but also appreciate the value of a happy and motivated workforce.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate our values consistently, our values are:
- Open and Honest
- Kind and Respectful
- Committed to Excellence
Situated in the heart of the vibrant city of Norwich we are within easy reach of the broads and the beautiful Norfolk Coast.
If you are interested in working in an organisation committed to a culture of professionalism, growth, integrity, positivity and kindness then we would love to hear from you.
We offer successful candidates a supportive working environment, competitive salary, excellent working conditions and the benefits of the NHS pension scheme. Other benefits include access to NHS discounts and discounted First Bus travel.
We also offer:
- 5 weeks annual leave, pro-rata plus Bank Holidays
- 5 days study leave per annum, pro-rata
- Competitive salary
- NHS Pension
- NHS Discounts
The duties and areas of responsibility may vary depending on the needs and priorities of the PCN. Please review the full job description attached for all responsibilities.
- Provide financial data for the PCN to enable strategic decision making and transparency of accounting
- Keep up to date with all PCN targets including the PCN DES, IIF schemes, Capacity and Access fund and other PCN funding
- Create and maintain an accountable system with clearly understood reporting for each of the individual PCN funding streams coming up with creative solutions and ideas for this area
- Develop a good working knowledge and understanding of all PCN services provided and the targets around them
- Produce accurate quality statistics to facilitate senior decision making across PCN objectives
- Actively seek service improvement suggestions to streamline and improve PCN reporting functions
- Build strong business cases to support new initiatives identified by the PCN Support across new and existing PCN contracts as well as the creation of new contracts
- Promote and maintain professional relationships with key PCN, practice and external staff when carrying out the role