PCN Managing Director
This job is now closed
OneNorwich Practices has a fantastic opportunity to work with the PCN as Managing Director.
The post holder will provide managerial leadership to support the PCN Clinical Director and the PCN practices to develop the Primary Care Network. You will provide both strategic and operational guidance and direction across the PCN; working closely with the PCN Clinical Director(s) and the PCN leadership team to achieve success in line with PCNs local priorities.
The PCN Manager will provide line management to a number of PCN employed staff team and support service arrangements provided by OneNorwich to ensure they are aligned and co-ordinated within the PCN activities.
You will share oversight for the financial management of the PCN with the designated PCN finance manager.
Main duties of the job
You will strive to develop;1) A strategic alignment with the 22 practices across Norwich in helping them work together to deliver services at scale and plan together the neighbourhood population health improvement plans alongside other agencies2) Build the PCN culture of engaging and co designing services with all interested practices3) Lead the development of an appropriate funding allocation model around PCN monies that is focused at addressing health inequalities alongside building the resilience of the practice community 4) Strong working relationships with a wide range of healthcare partners and stakeholders. You will represent the PCN in a variety of forums.
OneNorwich Practices is a forward-thinking organisation supporting 22 General Practices across the Norwich Primary Care Network (PCN), working to provide outstanding standards of healthcare for the population of Norwich by improving and transforming the way we work. Our mission is to lead integrated health and care.
OneNorwich Practices is passionate about getting the job done efficiently and professionally but also appreciate the value of a happy and motivated workforce.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate our values consistently, our values are:
- Open and Honest
- Kind and Respectful
- Committed to Excellence
Situated in the heart of the vibrant city of Norwich we are within easy reach of the broads and the beautiful Norfolk Coast.
If you are interested in working in an organisation committed to a culture of professionalism, growth, integrity, positivity and kindness then we would love to hear from you.
We offer successful candidates a supportive working environment, competitive salary, excellent working conditions and the benefits of the NHS pension scheme. Other benefits include access to NHS discounts and discounted First Bus travel.
We also offer:
- 5 weeks annual leave, pro-rata plus Bank Holidays
- 5 days study leave per annum, pro-rata
- Competitive salary
- NHS Pension
- NHS Discounts
The duties and areas of responsibility may vary depending on the needs and priorities of the PCN. Please review the full job description attached for all responsibilities.
The job description which may change or become focused should the need arise:
- Take the lead (along with the PCN Clinical Director and PCN executive team) to oversee the management and delivery of the PCN service plans (Capacity Access, ARRS, IIF,etc)
- Work with and support the PCN Clinical Director(s) and the PCN executive team to develop and deliver the PCN strategic plans and translation into delivery and performance requirements
- Help to develop strategies to progress the overall development of the PCN, with reference to the Maturity Matrix and the PCN Development Plan
- Be the first point of contact for Practice Managers and commissioners in regards to PCN operations
- Lead the development of the Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme (ARRS) funded roles and work with the PCN on the planning and deployment of these roles
- To provide line management to PCN employed staff, to ensure that they are embedded in the PCN and co-ordinated across the PCN practices
- Support in the budgeting and monitoring processes to support the short and long-term financial management of the network
- Oversee the service level agreement with OneNorwich
- Assist in the co-ordination of the PCN meetings, including the leaders team and PCN development meetings
- Manage and monitor contractual requirements on behalf of the PCN
- Liaise with key partners in the development and monitoring of Norwich place integrated services and projects